Rio 2016 Olympic Cauldron

If the Rio Stadium Cauldron does travel outward on the overhead tracks to be lit, the huge semi-circular backdrop screen is currently in it's way.

So do we see that big curved screen slowly lowered to make way for the Rio Cauldron ?

The Athens 2004 Jumbotron amazingly 'leant' backwards to almost a horizontal position to make way for their Cauldron.

On 13 July 2016 at 11:43 PM, Waldi said:

i think if things are rising up, they must come from the box-city =

look at this little hole right in the middle line of the 'supposed cauldron sculpture'

which i think will defo move forwards to end up above the boxes -

hint the lightning? like in seoul or nagano with the torch bearer rising towards the cauldron?

or perhaps to finish of the floating sculpture?

T1rf_Tk1.jpghost images

Actually Waldi's photo from 13 July shows the central section of that semi-circular backdrop screen already in the 'down' position so my question looks answered.

5 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

Have you tried "drag and drop"?

Thanks JMarkSnow2012.  Yep tried drag and drop but no luck. I'm using an iPad but same result on a laptop.  I checked my account and it says my Attachment Allowance is 1kb, which I think is the problem.

3 requests to the GB Moderaror or to the Helpline here in the last 7 days and no reply. Haven't attached anything here since the lead up to London's OC.  Just perplexed. 

3 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Thanks JMarkSnow2012.  Yep tried drag and drop but no luck. I'm using an iPad but same result on a laptop.  I checked my account and it says my Attachment Allowance is 1kb, which I think is the problem.

3 requests to the GB Moderaror or to the Helpline here in the last 7 days and no reply. Haven't attached anything here since the lead up to London's OC.  Just perplexed. 

I too have a 1k allowance in "My attachments", but drag and drop seems to be working for me (as do other attachments methods). Very bizarre.

12 hours ago, phandrosis said:

My only concern is that the flame is still under the fabric roof, but I'm not sure if the material is flame resistant enough or if they reinforced it or something, but I'm hoping that it doesn't just start to melt...

Well, we'll find out on August 5th.  Or that might be the NEXT BIG surprise, after all the adventures at the Village.  :lol:

27 minutes ago, Rob. said:

Upload it to a site like https://postimage.org/

Then when it's uploaded it'll give you a URL (direct image link) to copy.

In the posting box here, click the Insert Other Media button at the bottom which gives you the option to paste the URL you've got from that site.

You are a legend, thanks Rob

• Like 1