Canada - Open Water Men's Swim Race - Rogers Sportsnet, August 10, 2012.

ktoles

Hello All!

Going back to 2002 I have been able to record every single Canadian Medalist whether it be in winter or summer. I unfortunately happened to miss Canada's Richard Weinberger winning a bronze medal in the open water swimming event at Hyde Park. It was on Rogers Sportsnet this morning and I missed it altogether and am looking for the race in it's entirety.

If anyone recorded the race and is willing to make an extra copy please email me ASAP at krempfer@hotmail.com I'll gladly pay any and all costs avaialble with it!

Thanks,

Kyle

Just Bumping this up..

I am really sorry but is there anyone out there who can help me? I don't care now if the race was aired in Tunisa, Britian, the USA, or Canada, I just need physical coverage of the race.

I know most people won't understand why I'm so insistent on this, but there are many personal reasons. One is that I have all Canadian medal performances dating back to 2002 and this is the ONLY one that I'm missing thus far.

This really would honestly make my year, there are so many personal reasons behind it.

I don't care if it's a BBC feed, Asian Feed, American Feed, Canadian Feed, I just need the race in its entirety.

I'm willing to pay $1000 Canadian Dollars for anyone who can find me a copy of this race. This really means so very much to me.

Thanks all.

Kyle

1-Download a video capture software like this one:

http://download.cnet.com/HyperCam/3000-13633_4-10004511.html?tag=contentBody;pop (I don't know if it's any good, it's the first one I've found. But it's free).

2-Watch the replay from the CTV website and record it with the video capture software.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/channel/obs1/watch/swimming-marathon.html

3-Burn the file to a DVD.

OMG paul92 can you try it tomorrow? see if it works? Can you get the whole race for a couple hours? I just need the race itself and just prior to the race where they do the athlete intros and the race and the immediate after just after the race? or can you just record the whole stream?

If that Screen Grab is any indication of it working it looks like it'll turn out fabulously!

I would owe you beyond big if you could do this for me!

Well just in case I've put in a call to CTVOlympics and am waiting to hear back but I very much doubt whether they'll be able to get me a copy or not.

paul92, are you still free today to be able to try and get the BBC Stream of the race recorded? I would hugely appreciate it if you could. This would mean the world to me if you could.

Thanks!

It's 36:46 total. 36 minutes and 46 seconds, I found a Russian torrent with the entire race, I'd have preferred one with an English Feed but right now beggers can't be choosers. I'm hoping in the next week or so someone uploads a torrent with the race in English.

I've tried multiple times with my YTD grabber too and nothing doing. I'm wondering if it's because they're embedded/encrypted and because they were past events that aired live over YouTube Stream? I've never tried downloading archived live footage so maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't think IOC aired live stuff for Vancouver so that's why I can download the massive files through YTD, but I think that's probably why it won't work. Unless something changes. I've had no luck :(

Archived