Sports that should added?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For summer, sure there are a number of sports that would be cool to add, but I think the summer games are already bloated as is and should maybe be scaled back.

For winter, not much. Maybe... Chinese Downhill?

Agree... plenlty of sports already, and there's nothing that really needs to get in. No new sports for now.

I might relent if there is a compelling case for something truely different... sport climbing maybe. But for gosh sakes not another team put-the-ball-in-the-net game.

Agree... plenlty of sports already, and there's nothing that really needs to get in. No new sports for now.

I might relent if there is a compelling case for something truely different... sport climbing maybe. But for gosh sakes not another team put-the-ball-in-the-net game.

Exactly. Some need to go but none need to get in.

What about having ice climbing in the Winter Olympics? The program is way less crowded.

What is that? Is that a codified sport?

Never heard of it but thought it could make for an interesting sport.

Winter triathlon run, mountain bike and cross country ski all on snow is interesting.

Ski Orieentering - a sport that was featured at the 2011 Asian Winter Games

What is that? Is that a codified sport?

Ya, it's codified and the IF is already recognized by the IOC. Essentially there are two disciplines, speed (head to head races on a frozen waterfall) and difficulty (whoever can get the furthers, and fastest in case of a tie, on an extremely difficult artificial wall). They have a world cup circuit and all that jazz. What hurts them is a near total lack of TV exposure but surely at least the speed discipline would make for good TV. And even the difficulty discipline would probably make good TV drama.

Edit:

I was sad when Baseball was removed and would like to see it back in. It is trying to get back in with a joint bid with softball, but I think thats a mistake and would rather baseball be added in by itself with women's baseball.

Would also like to see Bandy, Cricket, Roller Derby, and Skijoring.

Archived