Sports that should be removed of the Summer Olympic program.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you wanna add sports which aren't really popular worldwide (with the possible exception of Cricket, India/Sri Lanka/Pakistan/West Indies, could use some medal boost)?

BMX is popular and uses a temporary venue, or a venue that can be used for local BMX after the Olympics. Football should remain, even if it's not the pinnacle of that sport. It allows for other cities in the country to have some Olympic glory and proves if nationwide events in the country are viable.

Golf should be dropped before it is included.

Agreed! Golf over baseball/softball pathetic

Sliding combined? I like it. You have a 1 man sled, 1 man luge then finish with 1 man skeleton.

No luge just skeleton and bosleigh luge has a different IF then Bobsleigh and skeleton. BTW this has been a WC event and USA, Germany, Canada in that order took the medals.

Sports that should be added to the 2020/2024 Olympics

MMA

Cricket (Twenty20 format)

Aussie Rules

Baseball/Softball

Dragonboat

Cue Sports

Sports that should be dropped

Synchronised Swimming

BMX Cycling

Football Under-23

Golf

If were talking about sports that certain countries dominate at, um Aussie Rules? It's an Australian sport not many other countries would be great at it. Same with cricket. England, Australia, sri lanka, west indies, India etc. I'd like to see baseball or golf but problem with golf and tennis and soccer is they all already have there own major events. FIFA world cup, Wimbledon americas cup. Why need to be in olympics aswell could be an argument.

I like all the sports except dressage. Bowling would be interesting :P

The only sport that has to go is u-23 football. If you aren't willing to send your best players to the Olympics, you should get kicked out. Period.

I can live with everything else. Would like to see either rhythm gymnastics or sync swimming go, but don't really care.

As for additions, golf is a great choice. Not sure why people are knocking it. World’s best players have agreed to go, it's not a problem venue, truly worldwide appeal, will be popular, etc.

I don't see rugby lasting, but am willing to wait and see.

Beyond that... nothing. Nada. Zip. I don't think any of the other proposals come close to warranting inclusion.

I don't know what trampoline is either. And if not field hockey had been in Olympics I wouldn't know that either.. The fact is that many events have many countries that don't know about them. Floorball is accepted by IOK. It can be a olympic sport in 2020 as earliest.

Here is a kinda interesting idea for track cycling.

Since we have the omnium, why not make each event within the omnium a medal event and than have the cummulative total for an overall medal. Get ride of keiran.

Events such as Synchronized Swimming, Badminton, Table Tennis, Modern Pentathlon, Sailing and Shooting should be eliminated and more exciting sports need to be included and more specific events should be added in such sports as Cycling and others.

Women's Basketball:Is it really fair that the US is dominating all the time? As an American it actually seems embarassing. The fans deserve a tournament that would be more competitive. At least on the men's side it has gotten more competitive.

Bad Minton

Karelin

Tennis:Like golf, does it need more championships when you have plenty already?

The only sport that has to go is u-23 football. If you aren't willing to send your best players to the Olympics, you should get kicked out. Period.

I can live with everything else. Would like to see either rhythm gymnastics or sync swimming go, but don't really care.

As for additions, golf is a great choice. Not sure why people are knocking it. World’s best players have agreed to go, it's not a problem venue, truly worldwide appeal, will be popular, etc.

I don't see rugby lasting, but am willing to wait and see.

Beyond that... nothing. Nada. Zip. I don't think any of the other proposals come close to warranting inclusion.

Funny, considering the Olympics was originally intended to be an amateur event. Looks like Football and Boxing really qualify for that nowadays. Only a matter of time, before Football becomes fully professional.

Boxing, unless it fixes judging, ought to go. It's been a sore spot for the Games for a while now, and it takes all the excitement out of the sport.

And equestrian . . . sigh. I digress. Synchronized swimming is utterly ridiculous for many reasons, and would anyone really miss it?

Archived