Men's 100m Final: Tonight

Tonight, the most hyped and most watched Olympic event will take place.

Our schedule is as follows (GMT time):

Men's 100m Semifinal 1/3: 19:45

Men's 100m Semifinal 2/3: 19:53

Men's 100m Semifinal 3/3: 20:01

Men's 100m Final: 21:50

After a day of sun and showers, no rain is expected this evening and the track will be dry.

• Will global super star and world record holder Usain Bolt retain his Olympic title?
  • Will there be a new world record set?
  • Will Asafa Powell or Yohan Blake upset their team mate Bolt and win the gold?
  • Will it be Jamaica winning gold, silver and bronze.
  • Or will there be a bigger upset with the Americans Tyson Gay or Justin Gatlin winning gold

All will be answered in just three hours

hrzols.png

I think Tyson Gay will win.

it would be a huge upset if that happens. I do think that the United States will win their first gold medal in track tonight, but it won't be Gay in the 100 meters. I think it will be Sanya Richards-Ross in the Women's 400. The last thing the United States needs is have their first track and field gold medal to come from either Ashton Eaton or Brittney Reese.

Well, it's good that he didn't break the world record. After his rather lukewarm performances throughout this season and considering, what an extraterrestial record the 9.58 of Berlin were, it would have raised a lot of (additional) questions if he had broken it.

Luckily it did not affect the race and the man has been arrested.

Also worth noting that the beer in the park is sold in plastic bottles which are the same shape as the normal glass ones so would not have harmed the runners if it had hit them and also would have been quieter than glass.

Archived