Germany's performance at the London Olympics 2012

I was aware that Germany won't perform as good as before, but I didn't expected that it performs so "badly"...

Yes, there are some gold medals, but there are not gold medals, which were really surprising - I mean in the past there were always gold medals when one athlete performed much better than before therefore he/she wins gold.

I wonder if Germany has to think about its public run sport promotion resp. how it can support elite sport.

Still plenty of time ahead, but at this midpoint in the Games, I think Germany, Japan, Russia, Hungary and Australia might be tempted to go away from London 2012 and say 'WTF'. However, France, Britain, and Korea will be dancing in the streets.

But I also think that Brazil had better invest some reals into sport. Or else they'll risk joining the goldless ranks of Canada a la Montreal 1976.

Still plenty of time ahead, but at this midpoint in the Games, I think Germany, Japan, Russia, Hungary and Australia might be tempted to go away from London 2012 and say 'WTF'. However, France, Britain, and Korea will be dancing in the streets.

But I also think that Brazil had better invest some reals into sport. Or else they'll risk joining the goldless ranks of Canada a la Montreal 1976.

That and then adding itself to the list of the "curse of the number six" in Olympic circles.

Japanese judo is certainly saying that, but overall Japan is having a strong Olympics 24 medals so far, 25 in Beijing.

What we need to do is create Francomenalia then ya'll would have 18 Gold, 21 Silver and 17 bronze - 46 medals total.

There in the top 10 your pretty lucky. 5th in Beijing and coming 6th now. Australia got 6th in Beijing and are 19th now. Lol there are countries doing worse

Well, 8th now and it's a shame to be behind Kazakhstan... BTW right time now to talk again about a point-ranked medal table. :)

• 8 months later...

Archived