Who will light to 2014 cauldron?

msp2032

Not really. Platini did the honors in Albertville and he's not even olympian, is he?

He did it, to assist the real Olympic cauldron lighter, Francois-Cyrille Grange. He was 9 years old at the time and Albertville wanted to "upstart" the last Olympic Winter Games cauldron lighter, Robyn Perry, who was 12 years old at Calgary 1988 when she lit it alone.

I hope it will be a single lighter. These groups have made a nice change, but I'm ready for the a more traditional approach again. And no kids either. But with "Gateway to the Future" as the slogan, I can see a justification for it.

Do we have access to Q ratings for Russian Olympic athletes?

They will set a big chain with people from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & good old Uzbekistan.

And probably a few jews people & american.

All holding hands togepher, a few liters of oil and then a big chain fire who does the olympic rings and light the syrian cauldron.

A celebration of the past and the present at the same time.

Now don't get me wrong i love Russia.

Seriously i love Russia, I'm a huge fans of their writers, of their cities, i think they have one of the most fascinating history in the world, a bit like China actually but the IOC should really ask themselves if this the places where they needed to go in the last twenty years.

No matter how strong their economy is, i don't think Sochi is the right place to bring the world togepher.

It breaks my heart to say this, because i don't think such a fascinating country and his people should be punished for the decisions of their leaders. Leader a big part of them would like to change for sure but still, having Hun Jintao & Vladimir Putain as openers of olympic games is a disgrace!

I'd put Vladimir Putain ( :P) on the same critically acclaimed list as Hu Jintao and George W. Bush. Dilma is also working herself to be a real b*tch come 2016. Let's see if she grabs another term.

Oh, Hitler did it 76 years ago but still... How worse could everything else be?

• 4 weeks later...

They will set a big chain with people from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & good old Uzbekistan.

And probably a few jews people & american.

All holding hands togepher, a few liters of oil and then a big chain fire who does the olympic rings and light the syrian cauldron.

A celebration of the past and the present at the same time.

Now don't get me wrong i love Russia.

Seriously i love Russia, I'm a huge fans of their writers, of their cities, i think they have one of the most fascinating history in the world, a bit like China actually but the IOC should really ask themselves if this the places where they needed to go in the last twenty years.

No matter how strong their economy is, i don't think Sochi is the right place to bring the world togepher.

It breaks my heart to say this, because i don't think such a fascinating country and his people should be punished for the decisions of their leaders. Leader a big part of them would like to change for sure but still, having Hun Jintao & Vladimir Putain as openers of olympic games is a disgrace!

Yeah right, in addition in France we have such a charismatic leader, we can be so proud of ourselves. :ph34r:

Archived