Olympic Merchandise

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHA omg that stuff i want it! Can't wait for Rio! Gonna save up!

You'll have to burgle me first :P

Admittedly it's not all Olympic stuff, but it made for an interesting 8-hour journey schlepping the lot back to Germany!!!

Yes it is, which is why I took nearly 500 photos in the space of 6 days :lol:

Even my extremely austere Belgian Mrs, who is from a town near where Jacques Rogge was born, loosened her normally tight-fisted attitude to overspending :o I wondered if she was suffering from sunstroke when she said I could buy both of those framed sketches of the Union Flag from an artist in Greenwich Park...

...At the time, I thought I was crazy spending so much time in the London 2012 shop!! But when I got back to the states and realized I couldn't order directly from the shop...I felt better. LOL

I had to buy a second travel bag to bring all the stuff home! My memorabilia consisted of tons and tons of T-shirts and Caps and aquatic towels for my friends and family...Olympic pins for my coworkders...and for myself ...a drawstring gym bag, fridge magnets, pins and 2 T shirts.

...I think I accumulated enough Visa points for another airplane trip...

I had a nasty shock when I realised how much I spent over the Olympics but as I keep telling myself, it was a once in a lifetime experience!

Hope you don't mind me asking approx how much did you spend need to know how much i should save for Rio i'm expecting about 2500-3k in flights.

Yes it is, which is why I took nearly 500 photos in the space of 6 days :lol:

Even my extremely austere Belgian Mrs, who is from a town near where Jacques Rogge was born, loosened her normally tight-fisted attitude to overspending :o I wondered if she was suffering from sunstroke when she said I could buy both of those framed sketches of the Union Flag from an artist in Greenwich Park...

hahahahaha oh thats good congrats :P

...At the time, I thought I was crazy spending so much time in the London 2012 shop!! But when I got back to the states and realized I couldn't order directly from the shop...I felt better. LOL

I had to buy a second travel bag to bring all the stuff home! My memorabilia consisted of tons and tons of T-shirts and Caps and aquatic towels for my friends and family...Olympic pins for my coworkders...and for myself ...a drawstring gym bag, fridge magnets, pins and 2 T shirts.

...I think I accumulated enough Visa points for another airplane trip...

really? that sucks i discovered last night that any hopes of cheap deals on the official site are gone when i saw that even with an item costing 3 pounds postage is 19 pounds :(

Wenlock and Mandeville costumed mascots to make 1,000 public appearances

Rainbow Productions has announced that its costumed Wenlock and Mandeville characters are on track to make 1,000 appearances.

Rainbow signed a licensing agreement with LOCOG in 2010 to manufacture costumes and manage the appearances of the mascots.

Since their first unveiling at a school in Tower Hamlets, East London, Wenlock and Mandeville have appeared at store openings, Olympic Torch relays, stadia openings, schools and more, right through to attending the Games themselves in front of spectators and millions of viewers worldwide.

During the Games Wenlock’s appearance schedule was part of a special spectator experience where visitors to the Olympic Park could meet Wenlock at locations around the Olympic Park.

You also might have noticed that Wenlock was an ever-present fixture at the Olympic Stadium. The mascot embraced Gold-medal winning athletes and presented them with a gold Wenlock plush.

As the mascots approach their 1000th appearance, Rainbow Productions is getting set to manage Mandeville’s presence at the Paralympic Torch Relay Flame Festivals in London, Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh before Mandeville gets ready to meet spectators during the Paralympic Games.

http://www.licensing...rances#after_ad

Hope you don't mind me asking approx how much did you spend need to know how much i should save for Rio i'm expecting about 2500-3k in flights.

I was lucky as I live in London so I didn't have to worry about accommodation or flights. I spent around £600 on tickets prior to the games plus football tickets which I bought half way through but got almost half of that back because I took a friend or relative to most events and they paid me the cost of their ticket.

I ate out for lunch and dinner almost every day of the Games and went to the pub or bars a few times more than usual, plus snacks and so on. The daily programme was £5.00 for every day of the Games and I got some on eBay I had missed, mostly for reasonable prices but I paid ridiculously inflated prices when I got days 1 and 2 at the beginning, panicking that I might not be able to get hold of them!

The big cost for me was clothing and souvenirs - I spent a lot, especially on clothing without really keeping track of how much I was spending, hence the shock! The retro Team GB weatherproof jacket was pretty expensive and if I hadn't been in holiday mood there is no way I would have bought it. The same with the Netherlands team polo shirt I bought at Heineken Holland House. Those two items alone cost be about £150. I also made some fairly expensive eBay purchases of HBC Canada gear which is hard to get hold of. I could have waited off until next month but again that panicked voice inside said buy it now, they might disappear! I also bought a tonne of stuff from the store in Canada House which I managed to get into one morning.

But I would say if you set yourself a merchandise budget in advance with some room for impulse purchases, don't buy all your supporters gear in one go (if you want to wear it for the Games, stock up on Aussie stuff over a period of time in advance with enough clothing for each day) and don't spend a fortune on food and drink (I imagine Brazil would be cheaper than London or Australia) you should be in a better position. Also be disciplined about buying extra tickets - as I have learned, just because your card can handle it doesn't mean you can afford it!

Anyone fancy a "City" Wenlock sculpture for £16,500?

http://memorabilia.london2012.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1100443&auctionId=22689

There's also loads of Olympic Park Fitxtures, fittings and Furniture via this website. From beds, sofas, picnic tables and extension leads?!? I bought a 4m wide London 2012 Parasol which is from the ticket/scan gates :)

http://www.remainsofthegames.co.uk/

Anyone fancy a "City" Wenlock sculpture for £16,500?

http://memorabilia.l...auctionId=22689

There's also loads of Olympic Park Fitxtures, fittings and Furniture via this website. From beds, sofas, picnic tables and extension leads?!? I bought a 4m wide London 2012 Parasol which is from the ticket/scan gates :)

http://www.remainsofthegames.co.uk/

congrats i'd like to buy the stuff on the 2012 auction site but postage costs too much. ebay all the way :P

I did find something from the Official London 2012 merchandise being sold here! Chapters bookstore has the official London 2012 Guide for $9.99! Gonna pick one up in the next few days.

Archived