Olympic highlights restrictions?

I notice that other networks(ABC,CNN,CBS etc..) show only still photos of olympic events. I know there is some kind of restrictions on other networks airing highlights. Is this just until NBC's daily broadcast is over or is it for the duration the games. Can someone clarify what the rules are on highlights.

Well, the IOC standard rule says:

All non-official-broadcasters or pay-broadcasters can use only 6 minutes of footage (maximum 2 minutes per News Cast: With 30 second at maximum per event and 4 events at maximum).

The footage can be used only 3 hours after the event is finished.

Also, all non-broadcasters must credit the name of the right owner ("courtesy from NBC" for USA or "imagens cedidas pela TV Record" in Brazil).

Pictures can be used freely, since the credits is given.

This is the standard IOC rule, but can be changed from countries to countries.

In Brazil, they are using the standard rule.

Well, the IOC standard rule says:

All non-official-broadcasters can use only 6 minutes of footage (maximum 2 minutes per News Cast: With 30 second at maximum per event and 4 events at maximum).

The footage can be used only 3 hours after the event is finished.

Also, all non-broadcasters must credit the name of the right owner ("courtesy from NBC" for USA or "imagens cedidas pela TV Record" in Brazil).

Pictures can be used freely, since the credits is given.

This is the standard IOC rule, but can be changed from countries to countries.

In Brazil, they are using the standard rule.

Sorry, my mystake: Pay Broadcasters can use footage freely.

Pay Broadcasters buy the rights directly from Official Broadcast, if they want to share it with other TV...

Here in Brazil, TV Record is the official broadcaster in open-air TV.

But they sold the rights for cable TV for Sportv, ESPN Brasil and BandSports (these will be pay broadcaster and will have some small restrictions like no acess to Olympic Village, less credentials to enter arenas, etc...)

Archived