Diving at the 2012 Summer Olympics

I am happy for the Mexicans. Well done to the Malaysian girl too.

YEAY, MALAYSIA! First ever medal from a sport other than badminton :) Pandelela actually was a silver medalist at 2010 Olympic Youth Games in Singapore and was the 2010 Commonwealth Games gold medalist in that event.

Diving difficulty of 4.1 (highest ever performed by man at the Olympics). Only 3 divers out of 32 will perform it tonight for the 10m Men's Platform. One of the 3 is Malaysia's Bryan Nickson Lomas. The other 2 are not even the Chinese. Another medal hope for Malaysia on the cards? :)

Haven't seen you here in a long while, theone! B)

Anyway, back to the program. August 11 is the final day of diving competition at London 2012. Therefore, it is the men's individual 10m platform events that is in the Olympic medal round.

Link: http://www.london2012.com/diving/schedule-and-results/day=11-august/all-day.html

diving.jpg

haha haven't been logging in. great to see you're still here!

ah, our boy bryan nickson missed out the semis by just 1 spot. The same spot he achieved on his Olympic debut in Athens as a tiny little thing up there on the platform :)

I gotta say the Mexicans are really impressive in diving this year. Malaysia's investment in diving since the KL98 commonwealth games finally bear fruit, with the bronze by Pandelela.

I would expect a more successful Malaysian team in Rio.. in Archery, Track Cycling, Diving, and of course, Badminton.

1 CHN.pngQIU Bo 6 563.55 Q + 2 CHN.pngLIN Yue 6 541.80 Q + 3 USA.pngBOUDIA David 6 531.15 Q + 4 GBR.pngDALEY Thomas 6 521.10 Q + 5 GER.pngWOLFRAM Martin 6 519.00 Q + 6 RUS.pngMINIBAEV Victor 6 514.15 Q + 7 USA.pngMcCRORY Nicholas 6 506.50 Q + 8 GER.pngKLEIN Sascha 6 503.75 Q + 9 CUB.pngGUERRA Jose Antonio 6 501.90 Q + 10 MEX.pngGARCIA NAVARRO Ivan 6 497.40 Q + 11 UKR.pngBONDAR Oleksandr 6 496.30 Q + 12 CAN.pngMcCORMICK Riley 6 495.60 Q

table didn't work argh

Qui bo

Lin Yue

David Boudia

Tom Daley

Martin Wolfram

Victor minibaev

Nicholas mcCRORY

Sascha Klein

Jose Antonio Guerra

Ivan Garcia

Oleksandr Bondar

Riley McCormick

Reigning champ Australian Matthew Mitcham just missing out by 1

Through to the finals

Tom Daley didn't win the gold medal the Brits had originally hoped for - but it's a bronze medal at least. Ironically, he became the victim of his own fame during the final:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/londonspy/fans-almost-robbed-daley-chance-medal-211830741.html

David Boudia from the US wins gold and Qiu Bo from the unevitable but at least not completely dominant Chinese team wins silver.

And Germany wins not a single Olympic medal in diving for the first time since 1988. Therefore, open water swimmer Thomas Lurz is the only participant who won a medal for the DSV, the German Swimming Association. What a disaster!

Final medal results for the men's individual 10m platform event for August 11:

- GOLD: David Boudia (United States)

- SILVER: QIU Bo (China)

- BRONZE: Thomas Daley (GREAT BRITAIN)

Link: http://www.london2012.com/diving/event/men-10m/phase=dvm002100/index.html

us-lgflag.gif

I am thrilled about Boudia's gold medal, some fabulously consistent diving. Maybe there's hope for USA Diving to reincarnate to glory days once more.

Also can't wait to go out today and see some Chinese long faces and grumping. :P

I am thrilled about Boudia's gold medal, some fabulously consistent diving. Maybe there's hope for USA Diving to reincarnate to glory days once more.

Also can't wait to go out today and see some Chinese long faces and grumping. :P

Do they even show the other divers there in China? I thot they only show the Chinese divers, and no one else? :lol:

Archived