• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Done Great Britain...What a herculian effort to dominate the Games and getting up into third...You must be very proud. These have been the best games ever in my lifetime!

Interesting- would one of you like to post a break up of medals within the UK 'countries'? I'd like to see the demographic distribution.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/datablog/2012/aug/06/team-gb-medal-winners-background

Australia up to 11th yay!

Good day for the Ausies. Deserved at this point, considering how bad of a first half you guys had.

I've adopted Team GB by virtue of living here on and off since I was little but my inner Austrian is screaming with panic as we may well end up with no medals at all. Ireland has guaranteed medals, Finland got a silver. The Latvians are fighting for a bronze in beach volleyball Hilfe! Our grudge match rivals, those self-satisfied Swiss, are laughing at us. The Schadenfreude at Germany's relative lack of success is losing its grip as they crawl up the table.

We might yet be saved by a couple of women in a canoe. "Felix austria" ain't happy any more.

I think t will be quite difficult for China to be 1st at the end of the OG.

Men and Women basketball, Men and Women volleyball will surely brings gold to USA.

If China finishes first, they should thank Caribbean countries for their performance in Athletics :)

Well thought this would be interesting. Out of all those bidding for 2020 including those knocked out.

Baku - Azerbaijan 1 silver and 2 bronze Tied 46th

Doha - Qatar 2 bronze Tied 62nd

Rome - Italy 7 bronze 6 silver 4 bronze 8th

Madrid - Spain 1 gold 5 silver 1 bronze 28th

Istanbul - Turkey 1 bronze Tied 66th (Last on tally)

Tokyo - Japan 2 gold 13 silver 14 bronze 20th

South Korea are still in 4th place. What are they winning all their gold medals in? I never seem to notice any of their athletes at any of the sporting events I've been watching!

South Korea are still in 4th place. What are they winning all their gold medals in? I never seem to notice any of their athletes at any of the sporting events I've been watching!

With 4 days left, Korea will slip in the standings. By how much is anybody's guess. Russia should overtake them by the end of today (Thursday), and France/Germany/Italy have decent chances too. Still, Korea is pretty happy with the 12 golds won so far, though it would be quite the achievement if they can pass their record of 13 golds set in Beijing.

Finally, after a day of...ahem...rest, Team GB gets moving on the medal table again. Two more golds and a bronze! Gold and bronze in the individual dressage equestrian event and a gold in the women's boxing! :)

Archived