Best music to use for cauldron Lighting

Yup. Very emotional. A little sad in a nice way and very peaceful. I guess the London games are just about that. Not much on epicness and oomph but generosity and wholeheartedness and peace. Maybe that part of their message was hard to see at the OC: they didn't screamed PEACE with loud letters and a big dove made of soldiers, but when they said it (with the music also) it was warm and human. I guess cold formal Britain can be emotional and humble after all. :)

One can see that you're outside Germany now - because here, one can't view the video due to GEMA restrictions. ;):(

yeah - I have recognised that already, too - no more GEMA restrictions etc. etc. (did you see my msg, F.?) - its the title song of Enterprise (not Raumschiff Enterprise, but the serial, which was shown after Deep Space Nine) - "Where my Heart Will Take Me" by Russell Watson

@ Lord David - yeah, that would work as well!!

yeah - I have recognised that already, too - no more GEMA restrictions etc. etc. (did you see my msg, F.?)

Oh, you sent me a message? It hasn't arrived - maybe because my message box was full. I've emptied it - could you try again?

• 5 months later...

A couple weeks ago I bought “Extinguishing the Flame”, a track from the Isles of Wonder album on iTunes. I went back to listen to the other tracks again and the album seems to have disappeared from iTunes! Does anyone know if it is still there somewhere? I searched for A Symphony of British Music and Isles of Wonder but nothing comes up.

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago when I searched for the "Isles of Wonder" album on iTunes, too. I suppose it's a contract thing - and LOCOG just doesn't want to publish its albums on iTunes anymore. Or maybe it isn't allowed to publish it anymore by the artists who contributed to it? Who knows.

But in the end, I found the "Isles of Wonder" album on Amazon and downloaded it there. The "A Symphony of British Music" album is there, too.

Archived