Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

Rio 2016 Look of the Games

Rio will have sculptures of their logos in their Park and outside their venues, I'm sure of that. I'm also sure that, like London, Rio will use animated logos on the big screens inside the venues.

Rio will have sculptures of their logos in their Park and outside their venues, I'm sure of that. I'm also sure that, like London, Rio will use animated logos on the big screens inside the venues.

And I can imagine this will also work very well for TV broadcasts ( more and more we have 3D TV sets at affordable prices, even for Brazilian middle class).

There is not official look of the games so far.

Well, I can say I didn't like the stickers outside the Rio 2016 room in London, but it seems something really temporary and based in what they putted in the website...

The little squiggles look a lot like the "R" in the logo. I like it.

I liked it as well. Like a "Calçada Potuguesa" or Portuguese Pavement. Used everywhere in Lusophone countries. For those ones who have been in any of these countries you might notice them everywhere like in Lisbon, Maputo, Lusaka, Rio, Recife, Goa, Macau, etc. Just like the Official font of Rio 2016.

• Like 1

Launch of 1-Real coin celebrating the flag handover.

We can see a bit more about the Games look

It will be all about curves!!!

cartela1real.jpg

And the coin itself (actually our currency is very beautiful, don't you think?)

foto_bimetalica_anv_rev.jpg

The 3D logo in the streets and with disable people!

It's time to experience the Rio 2016 logo!

There are people selling it on the internet:

• R$1,00 coin for R$7,00 (US$ 3,46) - 2.016.000 unities issued.
  • R$1,00 coin (with Blister) for R$30,00 (US$14,81) - 80.000 issued.
  • R$5,00 collectors coin for R$290,00 (US$143,15) - 20.000 issued.

The 3D logo in the streets and with disable people!

It's time to experience the Rio 2016 logo!

I LOVE the 3-D version of the logo. THIS is innovative -- far moreso than London.

I also like the video -- getting impressions from many different people. The flavor of the music was light and bright too.

I hope these Games offer that relaxed, warm, happy embrace.

It's cool that it can be three-dimensional, but for the far majority of the time, the logo will be used on two dimensional surfaces. That's where it really has to work and become the visual mental placemark for the Games in people's heads. And because it follows the same old compositional scheme of past Olympic logos, it won't be as flexible in usage and application as London's.

It won't be as flexible in usage and application as London's.

I don't understand why such a flexible logo in usage and application almost didn't appear during the Games, at least on TV broadcast...

It was used and applied well before the Games to really build the 2012 brand before the actual event. It didn't have much "work to do" once the Games arrived. It was pushed hard enough that it became synonymous with the 2012 Games in the host populace's head more so than any other past Olympic logo.

It was used and applied well before the Games to really build the 2012 brand before the actual event. It didn't have much "work to do" once the Games arrived. It was pushed hard enough that it became synonymous with the 2012 Games in the host populace's head more so than any other past Olympic logo.

I think, both are innovatie in different ways. London logo could have been "filled" and Rio you can touch and feel.

If Rio wants to spread the word, it should be sold as memorabilia as soon as possible, and in a cheap price.

It would be a success and everyone could have the logo at home. This would be nice.

PS: London games were really special, we don't need to spend the next 4 years comparing every single issue of the games with Rio.

Thankfully, we will have another "embrace" of the Olympics now, and I hope, after Rio, we have a different view, message with Tokyo or Istanbul.

I don't understand why such a flexible logo in usage and application almost didn't appear during the Games, at least on TV broadcast...

The OBS control the on-screen graphics during the Games. Unless they change their approach, Rio's logo won't be seen during TV broadcasts either.

Inside the venues, on the big screens, London's logo was animated, and the so-called "energy lines" buzzed about all the time. But obviously you wouldn't have seen that on TV.

The OBS control the on-screen graphics during the Games. Unless they change their approach, Rio's logo won't be seen during TV broadcasts either.

Inside the venues, on the big screens, London's logo was animated, and the so-called "energy lines" buzzed about all the time. But obviously you wouldn't have seen that on TV.

That's true...

Is OBS services already confirmed for 2016 games?

I only saw it during basketball matches and fencing (animated on the screen). Well, unlike London's, we could se Beijing's logo frequently...

If Rio wants to spread the word, it should be sold as memorabilia as soon as possible, and in a cheap price.

It would be a success and everyone could have the logo at home. This would be nice.

That's a good idea, I think. It would work towards making the logo a memorable and distinctive icon that is truly synonymous with these Games in people's heads in the lead up to 2016, rather than something that will merely be put in the corner of publications.

Anyway, I think the best thing about the Olympic Games is: Beijing was different than London, that will be different from Rio...

This is just great!