Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

Rio 2016 Look of the Games

Well I like the graphics on TV.

The colour is a bit like Atlanta with its dark green and blue. 

The only thing that doesn´t fit is the yellow ZIM and GER. Would look better in white.

"We had a problem with the supplier. They're late. Some of the Look fo the Games will be installed later. We have a task force. We're working 24 hours. Some things will be installed later," said the operationals director of the Organizing Committee of Rio-2016.

The material came late to the country, imported from Eastern Europe for economy, and therefore being last minute placed on the venues. The Committee also believes that everything will be ready.

:ph34r:

18 hours ago, Oooswald said:

"We had a problem with the supplier. They're late. Some of the Look fo the Games will be installed later. We have a task force. We're working 24 hours. Some things will be installed later," said the operationals director of the Organizing Committee of Rio-2016.

The material came late to the country, imported from Eastern Europe for economy, and therefore being last minute placed on the venues. The Committee also believes that everything will be ready.

Story checks out - in Brasilia it looks like there is still 2014 World Cup signage on the upper deck!!!

CpBykv5WcAEBP3p.jpg:large

13 minutes ago, tractarian said:

Story checks out - in Brasilia it looks like there is still 2014 World Cup signage on the upper deck!!!

Reminds me of how, until the IAAF championships the Bird's Nest had all its 2008 livery still on the stands.

2 hours ago, tractarian said:

It is not the World Cup band on the upper deck. It is the band used by the local government to dress the stadium. 

44 minutes ago, renan said:

It is not the World Cup band on the upper deck. It is the band used by the local government to dress the stadium. 

Thanks - I stand corrected.

On 3/8/2016 at 7:06 PM, Oooswald said:

Holy crap. You know the organization of this game really blows if they can't even get simple stuff like the Look done. But i'm sure they're going to try to defend this somehow. 

At least the Volleyball arena looks great. 

Watching the gymnastics training and Nigeria vs Japan game, a lot of the signage is just "Rio 2016" in really small text over and over again, but no look of the games...

wonder if anything got up in or around the city. pictures from around maracana still seem to show almost nothing.

Flashback:

rio-stadium_1488589i.jpg

Edited by paul

thin poorly constructed rings

There are several sets of low quality thin Olympic Rings in the park and a few places. They look thin, insubstantial, and poorly made. Obviously just a cost saving measure but this should not be allowed. They also used some low quality off-the-shelf galvanized silver posts to mount them, of course this all seems so petty but for the Olympic Games one expects top quality, this is a new standard I think or didn't notice it in past games. Perhaps as part of Agenda 2020 there is a loosening of oversight on detail like this. 

the-olympic-rings-are-seen-in-the-olympi

Olmypics.jpg

The Rio 2016 wordmark/font is incredible, fantastic looking wherever it appears. Love it with the look infill. Everything else so far....meh.

The pictograms with the infill looks cool too. I guess the look-blob is so generic looking on panels, banner etc.....it works better as a secondary layer inside other shapes.

emil-milev-of-the-united-states-shoots-i  argentinas-ignacio-perrin-shows-off-his-

...it's interesting we have not seen the 2016 moto anywhere, i don't even remember it.

Edited by paul
  • Like 1