• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ That was the core problem of Danny Boyle. He's more than happy to use a volunteer cast, some other professional artists and the like, but he will always insist to have his guys involved somehow, wh

Predictable London

Democratic? North Korea? LOL, this time it's their fault we have wrong graphics on our screens!

Is Syria still competed or did they withdraw?

As far as I know, they are competing. And it will be interesting to hear how the audience will react as soon as the Syrian team enters.

Latvia Kyrgyzstan (11 out of 14 are women)

Lebanon!

Already controversy with Lebanon Judokas refusing to train beside Israel -.

Liberia followed by Libya with new flag.

Liechtenstein only nation to win medals in Winter not summer Olympics

The beazilian flag is set aside Greece at hill

Brazilian comentators pointed that - and didn't know how to explain why...

MEXICO!!!

I think that comes after the caudlron is lit, as in the past, the doves were released after the flame soared.

In recent years, the "doves" were always released before the cauldron lighting. Atlanta (you should know it best), for example, had those doves on sticks immediately after the hoisting of the Olympic Flag. Sydney had it on its giant flag covering the athletes, shortly before the hoisting of the Olympic Flag. Athens displayed the dove on the screen shortly before they carried the flame into the stadium. And Beijing had that cheesy "Let's wave with our hands like a dove with its wings" segment, also before its cauldron lighting.

I think that comes after the caudlron is lit, as in the past, the doves were released after the flame soared.

so the cauldron lighting is not the last segment of the opening ceremony??