GamesBids' London 2012 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

I S##T YOU NOT...The Opening Ceremony is getting panned already out there!!!! Blogs and Twitter is going silly with anger already and it's not even finished yet!!!!

I can see umteenth multipul 'Best Ever Opening' Polls being started here on GB Forums within two hours...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brace yourselves, folks - the German commentator just said something about the cauldron lighting. He said that those boys to the left of the flagbearers carry flower petals made of steel. And he said that those petals (one for each team) will play a role later in the cauldron lighting!

Maybe you folks who thought that the ticket design shows the cauldron lighting weren't that wrong...

Was going to ask if anyone knew what they were carrying.

Ok, so far It's been mixed for me. I've loved most of it. I like there were so many whimsical moments. Not so much the more serious parts. Very much staged more for TV than live I expect. But then again, the atmosphere is probably charged in the stadium.

Bond and Bean were the moments for me. And quite liked the pop culture parts.

So Far worst Ceremonies I have witnessed (which includes Pan Ams as well). And that is unfortunate expected much more. Hopefully my opinion is changed in the remaining segments but I doubt it.

You seem to have been on a downer from the beginning so to me your opinion does not count.

The placards are really the cheapest-looking I have ever seen in an opening ceremony. And the dresses of the girls are equally underwhelming.

But now, the real stars apparently are those "steel petal" girls and boys. I don't believe it! They will make a cauldron out of parts from all nations participating in the Games! I suppose it will truly be a great moment!

Archived