GamesBids' London 2012 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just depends on what you want from your opening ceremony! To me, so far, this ceremony is up there with Sydney and ahead of Beijing and Athens... But it's not over yet!

I wanted something interesting not farms and industrial revolution and random speech bubbles pop up on screen

Sorry but really wasn't happy with it. I mean glad i saw it, had it's moments. Atmosphere rocks but i would be pissed if i paid anything over 50 pounds for a ticket.

It started well but lost focus, thank god for the athleats.

i totally disagree - it started badly, very muddled and underwhelming - the middle section was great - i really enjoyed that - then at the end of the artistic segmont it fizzled out again and was underwhelming. So the industrial segmont and the kids segmont - i enjoyed alot

Susan Susanti of INDONESIA just walked by!! She was the one who dropped the lighted javelin at the SEAsian Games last December!!

how do you know??

So the friggin' cauldron will have 204 petals? Seems a bit too affected.

And then they would put it together again for Closing??

Why? It will probably stay that way until the closing ceremony. And I bet they won't take the petals off again after the cauldron is extinguished. Could be a little bit hot. ;)

Archived