GamesBids' London 2012 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to be apart of this but we in the US have a lil problem. NBC is showing it on a delay for primetime so while the rest of the world will be viewing and chatting it up live we won't be able to add anything until 7 hours later. If anyone knows of a lived feed online it would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to be apart of this but we in the US have a lil problem. NBC is showing it on a delay for primetime so while the rest of the world will be viewing and chatting it up live we won't be able to add anything until 7 hours later. If anyone knows of a lived feed online it would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours? i don't see how they can keep doing this in the age of twitter where 15 minutes is old news.

what time will it be taking place in london and what time will it air on the east coast (where i don't even live)?

edit: wait, nevermind i can do the math. 1 pm my time. i don't care about anyone else.

live feed?

WHAT A BULLSHIT!!!!!!

NBC Believes they are the fucking owners of the Olympics!!!

In Chile, TV gives the live coverage and they repeat the full ceremony (omiting the parade) at primetime

At least that happened in Bejing with high ratings. Hope they do the same this year!!!

Youtube will block any post related with London Olympics..

Please after the ceremonies someone publish a site where we can download or watch the ceremonies.

PLEASEEE!!!!

I was wondering how early this thread would start. I'll be here. It'd be great if anyone manages to post from the stadium.

I will post from the stadium using my phone.

7 hours? i don't see how they can keep doing this in the age of twitter where 15 minutes is old news.

what time will it be taking place in london and what time will it air on the east coast (where i don't even live)?

edit: wait, nevermind i can do the math. 1 pm my time. i don't care about anyone else.

live feed?

The ceremony will start at 9pm GMT so 4pm EST or 1pm PST

I was thinking that even if some things would be delayed on air, NBC will still broadcast everything live on its website ? am i wrong ?

Maybe you can watch the German broadcast of the opening ceremony here:

http://zattoo.com/view?lang=en

You have to sign up, but it's for free. I hope it works also for users from foreign countries. If it works, you have to choose the ZDF channel on the opening day, they are the broadcasters of the opening ceremony. There will probably be also a live stream of the opening ceremony directly on zdf.de, but usually those streams are restricted only to German viewers.

The ceremony will start at 9pm GMT so 4pm EST or 1pm PST

I was thinking that even if some things would be delayed on air, NBC will still broadcast everything live on its website ? am i wrong ?

I checked, and it seems like they are playing everything live on their website except the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

Yeah it's worse for me i live i cali. the opening ceremony starts at 12pm our time so we have to wait till 7 for them to show it.

i think it's at 1 pm pst. go to the website and do the math. let me know if i did it wrong.

Due to studies issues (i'm on the final weeks of semester) and because I have a very important class during the time of the opening ceremony, unless a miracle happens I won't be able to join you in the livechat. Sorry.

I'm already taking measures and preparing to record the ceremony to watch it when i'm back (So i'll try to avoid anything as much as I can until I see it XD)

I checked, and it seems like they are playing everything live on their website except the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

That's right. All sports will be streamed live on NBC's website. The key word there being "sports." Ceremonies will be tape-delayed, just as NBC has been doing for decades.

I, of course, appreciate the changes NBC has made this year - in 2008, for example, they didn't stream events that were going to be taped and broadcast in prime time, such as athletics finals - but a live stream of the ceremonies would have been great. Maybe for Rio.

There are some options for US-based viewers. If you live close to the Canada or Mexico borders, you can watch the ceremony live on CBC or Televisa, respectively.

There will also, undoubtedly, be pirated streams that pop up. Usually they get shut down before long, but it's not impossible that one slips through the cracks. Google is your friend here.

Unfortunately, there is no chance that a foreign broadcaster's streaming site will work using a US-based IP address. To access it, you'll need to use a foreign proxy server. Those servers usually slow down the connection so much that you won't be able to stream video anyway.

Maybe you Americans should try this service - maybe it works for you. I mean, they even have an English site, so it can't be for German viewers only.

Maybe you can watch the German broadcast of the opening ceremony here:

http://zattoo.com/view?lang=en

You have to sign up, but it's for free. I hope it works also for users from foreign countries. If it works, you have to choose the ZDF channel on the opening day, they are the broadcasters of the opening ceremony. There will probably be also a live stream of the opening ceremony directly on zdf.de, but usually those streams are restricted only to German viewers.

Archived