Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

Citius Altius Fortius - Castaways on the Isles of Wonder

Today was the second day on which I had tickets for an event - I arrived three hours before Swimming was started in the Olympic Park. The security check was fast and the volunteers were very helpful as always.

I wandered through the park - here are some pics, which I took

P1010978.jpg

P1010984.jpg

P1010986.jpg

P1010987.jpg

P1010988.jpg

Then I went into the Aquatic Centre - I had a seat in the non-permanent stand - and I have to say it is a long way up to - on the bottom of the stairs stands a volunteer, who warns everybody to take something to drink and to eat with him/her - or to go to the rest room before...

I was glad that Paul Biedermann performed much better than yesterday - he qualified for the 200 m final.

P1010992.jpg

When it was over (by the way there were some "crazy" french fans, who entertained a whole block in the stand) I left the Park and too some more photos

P1010995.jpg

P1010997.jpg

P1020001.jpg

P1020002.jpg

• Like 1

Isn't the pic limit usually four?

Great pics Martin!

The pic limit is 10 per post.

And glad to see you're having a wonderful time CAF! It would be nice if you saw Biedermann grab a medal tomorrow and get Germany rolling.

I regret not going to London, what an experience! Your photos are as good as any I've seen. I can live a little of London through them, thank you for taking time to post.

Loved to see your pics, CAF!!!

Really nice to see a bit of the games though your eyes!!!

Keep posting for our delight!

It's the third day (fourth day including the opening ceremony) of the London Olympics and I have to say that I am spelled by the Isles of Wonder...

It is really a huge difference to watch Olympics on TV than to attend the events in person - London is doing a great job - and I do not mean the city, but the british people, who are really a great host - you talk with them in the underground - everywhere is a great atmosphere!

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

and I do not mean the city, but the british people, who are really a great host - you talk with them in the underground - everywhere is a great atmosphere!

That's the spirit of the Games !

That is just a shame that the organizers are hiding one of the 2 most famous symbol of the olympic movement.... SHOW THE FLAME TO EVERYONE !!!!

• Like 1

Equestrian - Eventing - Cross Country (midday/afternoon)

Aquatics - Swimming (evening)

Enjoy the equestrian. Wish I was there.

• Like 1

Loving your pics CAF. Glad you having a great time and it has been a positive experience for you in London. Sounds like it is a great atmosphere. Saw you mentioned earlier about liking a voice on the underground. If you get a bus in London, the woman you hear on them was in my class at school lol :) So if you hear her, say Hi Emma! How many more events do you get to see?

• Like 1

Watched this the last hours on the Internet. Amazing venue. Really nice sport.

How many more events do you get to see?

16 events in total - I have been to 3 events so far - 13 to go!

Watched this the last hours on the Internet. Amazing venue. Really nice sport.

I made some very nice pictures - it is really an amazing sport - very entertaining - and you can explore as visitor the course in a wonderful surrounding!

Very great sport!

Just came back from Eventing-Cross Country!!

What a great sport! What a sublime venue! What an amazing atmosphere!!! William and Kate walked just 20 metres away from me...

Awesome and the Kiwis are in touch. Go Mark Todd!

Are you in your plans a visit to Casa Brasil?

• Like 1

Oh, I can imagine!!!

No problems, enjoy the games and leave Brazil for a real xp in 2016! =]

I am sitting in the train to an 'outer-London-venue" and therefore I have time to write a short report if yesterday.

The Cross-Country was just fantastic - it was the first time that I watched it in person.

The venue is just stupendous - the crowd was massive - and especially you can get very close to the athletes (a free horse was catches by the helpers directly in front of us (the Rider fell from the horse at a jump).

I had a nice talk with a family from Kent - the daughter is doing Dressage and we talked about how brilliant the opening ceremony was and about the partnership between rider and horse. And what I liked was the park itself - very nice gardens, buildings and plants

The weather was very good - by the way: William and Kate were there too

After the Cross Country we went to the Olympic Park and watched Aquatics Swimming. The transportation between the two clusters worked very well - the volunteers were very kind and helpful like anytime before.

The aquatic centre is a great venue - this time I went down to the pool after the event had finished and it looks great - but I have to add, that the atmosphere would have been even better, when the two stands can see each other.

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

What awesome photos. Keep the updates coming! :)

Today in the morning our GB-flat-sharing group was joined by Sir Rols - I didn't have long time to chat with him, since I had to head to the Lee Valley White Water Centre - what an incredible venue!!!

P1020176.jpg

Canoe Slalom is a great sport to watch: it is powerful, thrilling and it can happen anything during the race!

The German paddler was first before the final (he came from the fourth place) and became finally second - it was a great race by him, but the french paddler was really great in the final run!!!!

I would watch it definitely again in person!!!

P1020177.jpg

The silver medal winner Is studying the course before the semi-final

here some pics for the day:

P1020180.jpg

P1020185.jpg

P1020197.jpg

P1020198.jpg

P1020213.jpg

P1020220.jpg

P1020228.jpg

P1020229.jpg

P1020230.jpg