Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just bagged a room in the Hoxton hotel, very nice trendy hotel on Opening Ceremony night for £79!!!!! What a bargain. If anyone else needs accommodation, its worth a go

http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/

Pick your date, hit the corporate button and use the code Fanclub and the new rate will be revealed.

Thought it was worth a thread as there seem to be a lot of hotel deals appearing now

Thought it was worth a thread as there seem to be a lot of hotel deals appearing now

As usual !!! Plenty of room and accommodation are showing back at last minute on normal rate....

I booked my apartment 2 weeks ago without any Olympic markup !

This happens every Olympics. Rooms are overreserved. Operators get greedy with rates... then all the empty rooms get dumped on the market at good rates at the last minute.

I keep telling myself that one year I'm going to take advantage of this. But I never have the guts.

Amazing....... first the tickets and now hotel rooms. Lesson learnt: DO NOT PANIC BUY. There will always be good deals at the last minute! LOL

Sorry i'm an absolute newbie at this. Did most people (as in some of youse) just buy flights to london normal priced and then look around hoping for a deal? Has this always worked? I'll consider if i get to go to Rio or pyeonchang or 2020

I did a quick search and found a place for just 20 £ a night in Central London so I cancelled my original booking that was in the same hotel chain but another location. Even after the cancellation fee I saved a lot of money. Never believed my Olympic trip could be such a bargain! Still many good options available for 30-40 pounds a night.

Sorry i'm an absolute newbie at this. Did most people (as in some of youse) just buy flights to london normal priced and then look around hoping for a deal? Has this always worked? I'll consider if i get to go to Rio or pyeonchang or 2020

Yes, I did exactly that way like I almost always do when I travel but seeing you're from Australia is a quite different thing as London has an easy and cheap access from most of Europe thanks to budget airlines. Don't know in your case if a package would suit you better.

As usual !!! Plenty of room and accommodation are showing back at last minute on normal rate....

It really never fails. Cue the TV and newspaper interviews with hoteliers, etc. about how poorly they're doing and whining about missing out on the huge windfall they were promised (part of which they could have had too, if they hadn't tried to price gouge for several years). Accompanied, of course, by the usual shots of nearly empty hotel lobbies and restaurants...

I did a quick search and found a place for just 20 £ a night in Central London so I cancelled my original booking that was in the same hotel chain but another location. Even after the cancellation fee I saved a lot of money. Never believed my Olympic trip could be such a bargain! Still many good options available for 30-40 pounds a night.

Yes, I did exactly that way like I almost always do when I travel but seeing you're from Australia is a quite different thing as London has an easy and cheap access from most of Europe thanks to budget airlines. Don't know in your case if a package would suit you better.

Yes i didn't have enough money for the games but since about early 2011 i looked at flights at London cheapest was about September 2011 at $1200ish and i think you can book 11 months in advance but as soon as we hit 2012, prices increase to $1400 . and right now are at 1650. So probably best for me to do it earlier but in advance but hope i have the nerve to snag a hotel last minute.

Unless anyone knows of anywhere doing rooms for about £10 a night, it will be far cheaper for me to commute to and from London on the three days I'm there.