Sign in to follow this  
Gangwon

"Olympics getting too big for democracies"

The parade of nations is soooo the best part. The most watchable parts are the first 30 min, and then seeing your country parade through. The rest is just the host glorifying itself in ways only the host country understands. Entertaining at first, but it just drags on.

While that may describe London to a tee, I'm not so sure it's fair for all OCs. Some have had great entertainment/cultural segments.

• Like 1

I remember London's - when the parade came up, I went out to do some shopping, came back to make a nice breakfast, ate it with my hubby, cleaned up, and did a few more chores - and by the time i got back to the telecast they were still only up to the "S" segment of the parade!

True...I went to Maca's to get a big breakfast...my head still spinning after that nonsensical opening sequence. Got back and they were still on K. New Zealand still 20 minutes away.

I'd say alot of viewers do the same...Americans probibly switch off for an hour and a half.

The post march out seems to drag on...need to get straight into speeches, oaths, the flag raising and then flame lighting.

Yes a couple of songs in between...but save the party for the closing.

They should be brought in at the start, like in the WOGs. Thing is, the one thing no one wants to miss is the flag lighting, so you can't do too much in the parade just in case.

Flame lighting lol *shoots*

... the one thing no one wants to miss is the flag lighting, so you can't do too much in the parade just in case.

Flame lighting lol *shoots*

That may be the best utterly unusable cauldron idea ever. The poles for all the flags gently lean together, and as they touch, all the flags burst into flame ....

• Like 1