Sign in to follow this  
micheal_warren

2012 Team New Zealand News

I agree with you... The slow motion replay on the HDTV certainly shows the cheating. Rew from NZ did well in 30th place in a PB. You can't ask for more than a PB at the Olympics.

Soooooo proud of how well our team has done these games. Completely exceeded all expectations!

Congrats NZ on a fantastic games. I know you got some of those golds early on, but I was impressed by how you kept pressing for more until the end.

• Like 1

Well I Guess its back to reality of the global depression, whinging bludgers, job insecurity...and the All Blacks!

Well I Guess its back to reality of the global depression, whinging bludgers, job insecurity...and the All Blacks!

Was thinking the day. Its all rather depressing... Back to all the negative bullshite! Will be feeling a bit flat for a couple of days thats for sure.

:(

Read today that funding to sports will be frozen for the next two years, despite the fantastic performances by the kiwis. This is disappointing considering the UK is increasing theirs to 2016.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10826539

I guess the NZ government are determined to maintain their zero budget and cuts, lets hope that the athletes can continue to perform with no extra funding.

Edited by Scotguy

The team is back early Wed morning...

All Blacks v Wallabies this Saturday, it wont take long to adjust.

Government has held funding as it is untill 2014! That's good as we will be able to put up a good show in Glasgow and hopefully encourage Funding organisations and corporates to keep the momentum going. Hopefully 2015-16 gets an even bigger boost and a 20 total medal haul!

You could always do with more funding but at least the current funding has been confirmed. I can already see some sports like swimming losing funding as their performance in London was disappointing.

Now we need to attract private funding as well to go alongside the public funding. The government needs to take a role but others must be involved.

High performance sport need to get out now while the olympics are fresh in our minds and attract those corporates to boost funding.

State funding always is a discussion point especially to Elite sports such as Rowing...To many seen as a sport for spoilt white kids due to its high cost. The same can be said for cycling and yachting. Equestrian is seen as a sport of gods. Only 1% of the population would even know what three day eventing is for.

That's why Valerie Adams and Nick Willis are seen as 'Peoples Heros', simply ease of access to their sport is achievable to a 'sth Auckland' child. The government knows this and treads carefully with money. AND they do expect the masses to dip in and help as well.

Valerie gets gold for the SHOT PUT after all after the Belarus competitor failed the drug test.

What a shame it had to be this way.

Edited by Alexjc

Now our greatest Field athlete ever!

What a shame it had to be this way. Well done Valerie...YOU WILL BE TREATED AS A HERO!

6 GOLD MEDALS NEW ZEALAND!

I wonder if the IOC will have a ceremony for her before she gets on the plane.

What a shame it had to be this way.

Indeed. She was deprived of her moment of glory on the podium by a drug-cheat! At least it was quickly discovered and rectified. Well done to her and even better news for NZ!

Such a pity that the drug-testing procedures don't expose these cheats BEFORE they get to compete instead of being discovered afterwards!

You know Mainad, it kinda spoils the show...Now we are left with a 'what else is out there?' Feeling.

Lovely news for Christchurch!

Will be the offical Welcome Home parade City for our Olympians!

Yes the moment has been taken away from Valerie. Apparantely the Belarussian failed the drugs test on the day before the event as well. Its a shame that it take time to process the results rather than be known more rapidly. Then she could have been withdrawn before the event.

Oh well... 6 Gold now for New Zealand and 15th on the Medal table

Wish I was in Christchurch for the parade! Its great for Christchurch.

Now the Panic begins to honour Valerie as she has already switched out into circuit mode for Glasgow.

Interesting to see the IOC doesn't have a backup medal to present to her...hmmmm.

You know Mainad, it kinda spoils the show...Now we are left with a 'what else is out there?' Feeling.

Hopefully she was a one-off but I guess we should prepare ourselves for one or two others at some point! But they shouldn't be allowed to spoil the genuine achievements of the vast majority of the medal winners.

Just wish they could catch them earlier so we don't have to have more Valerie Adamses being cheated out of their moment on the podium! <_<

What would be an ultimate gesture for Valerie Adams would be to light the New Zealand cauldron 'petal' when she is presented her rightful Gold medal. Valerie is not due back in NZ untill October so plenty of time to prepare.

What do you think?...

What would be an ultimate gesture for Valerie Adams would be to light the New Zealand cauldron 'petal' when she is presented her rightful Gold medal. Valerie is not due back in NZ untill October so plenty of time to prepare.

What do you think?...

Worth a thought. I didn't know that the petals were going to be re-lit? Hopefully the medal will be ready by October... Who knows that will happen in Belarus.

The NZ Petal is already on its way home.

...I think it would be easy to set up and re-light it don't you think?

PARALYMPICS!!!! :D

Day One and we are already on the board with a Bronze in the cycling and a Gold!....

...As expected, Paralympics superlegend Sophie Pascoe demolished the world record in the pool this morning with a spectacular SM10 200m Medly final, 2m.25sec swim...vrrrrrooooom! :lol:

Edited by Alexjc

PARALYMPICS!!!! :D

Day One and we are already on the board with a Bronze in the cycling and a Gold!....

...As expected, Paralympics superlegend Sophie Pascoe demolished the world record in the pool this morning with a spectacular SM10 200m Medly final, 2m.25sec swim...vrrrrrooooom! :lol:

It was a great first day for the Kiwis. Day two has started well with another bronze medal in the cycling.

Two Silvers and a Bronze overnight. Good work! :)

Sophie Pascoe...as usual picked up a silver to add to her swag!

Two Silvers and a Bronze overnight. Good work! :)

Sophie Pascoe...as usual picked up a silver to add to her swag!

Another good night for New Zealand at the paralympics!

Sophie Pascoe picked up anther Gold in the pool S10 100m Butterfly.

Sign in to follow this