2012 Team New Zealand News

True... Yep would be awesome.

There are no finals out at Weymouth tonight so will have to wait for that.

3 Medal in Rowing (2 Should be fine not sure about Double Sculls women) and then the Team Pursuit team are 3rd ranked at the moment and hopefully have the potential for the bronze. Not sure about beating the Aussies in the first round. Would be great to back up the Victory over them in Beijing with another victory :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe New Zealand can host these Games...We just need to focus and save $$$$...A bid for 2040 isn't out of the question, although we only have 20 years to get our Stuff together...What a great birthday present to the nation it would be! -_-

I believe New Zealand can host these Games...We just need to focus and save $$$$...A bid for 2040 isn't out of the question, although we only have 20 years to get our Stuff together...What a great birthday present to the nation it would be! -_-

That would be awesome, but can't see it happening though....

It would take some real leadership and ambition from the government and NZOC etc to commit to something like that. Can't see that happening.

That would be awesome, but can't see it happening though....

It would take some real leadership and ambition from the government and NZOC etc to commit to something like that. Can't see that happening.

Can't...can't...####ing can't...the babyboomer mantra!

Thats Defeatisim Micheal!! That's why we fail (just like the mens hockey)...We get scared of committing to the future...And then our Kids hate us for it. (What do you think of Babyboomers - huh?) The government in power now has the best chance to do it, they could be a four termer.

Anyhow...Football Womens

NZ v USA underway

A crucial against the #1 side.

Thats Defeatisim Micheal!! That's why we fail (just like the mens hockey)...We get scared of committing to the future...And then our Kids hate us for it. (What do you think of Babyboomers - huh?) The government in power now has the best chance to do it, they could be a four termer.

Im not sure that it is being defeatist but many would be realistic and state that we are too small and at the end of the world to host?

I would support any bid for us to host the Olympic Games, Commonwealth games or Youth Olympics, but am just not sure that there is the ambition or drive to host any major sporting event? The Government are not talking about it. The NZOC shy away from commiting to anything - even hosting an IOC session!

I suppose we need to change minds and prove that it can be possible. So the question is - How do we get it on the table to be discussed?

I was at the live site in Hyde Park when the women's pair won their race. The crowd were really behind you. Somehow I think they wouldn't have been so enthusiastic if it was Australia.

Gulp!

Congratulations NZ. Sure you don't wanna become our seventh state?

** Crawls back under the Aussie rock. **

Kiwis win their 3rd medal of the day: A bronze medal in the Mens Team Pursuit! This equals the bronze we won in Beijing and is our 5th Cycling medal at an Olympic games.

New Zealand now has 3 Gold and 3 Bronze Medals.

What a wonderful day for New Zealand at the Olympic Games. This is one I will remember for a long time.

A nice metallic haul overnight... :)

We get to do it all again tonight!

Well done to the Football Ferns - a good effort holding back the USA to only 2.

Mens hockey - well, you suck!

NZ Swimming seriously needs a good arse kicking - our swimmers seem to be only hanging on individually and think it's going to happen in a few weeks - bye bye funding.

A nice metallic haul overnight... :)

We get to do it all again tonight!

Well done to the Football Ferns - a good effort holding back the USA to only 2.

Mens hockey - well, you suck!

NZ Swimming seriously needs a good arse kicking - our swimmers seem to be only hanging on individually and think it's going to happen in a few weeks - bye bye funding.

Yes swimming has got to be the most disappointing ascpet of the New Zealand effort in London so far. Other than Loren Boyle all other swimmers have been below par! They will lose vast amounts of funding as well.

I know that Gareth Keen is looking to travel overseas to swim rather than stay in New Zealand.

I suppose Boyle finished on a bright note finishing 4th in thee 800m freestyle this morning. It was a gutsy effort and a big PB and National record.

Some real soul searching required in Swimming New Zealand.

Amazed at Kiwi dominance in the rowing events, looks like they will top the table at Dorney Lake, even outclassed the Brits who spend obscene amounts on the rowing teams. Congratulations..

Dude...NZ has spent obscene amounts on rowing as well...Always has. They got a serious arse kicking after 2000! The 2010 World Champs were run as a loss so to keep the profile high...It IS our 'Expected to Gold' event at the Olympics...

:huh: Interesting read about NZ Chef de Mission boss, Dave Currie's suggestion that Christchurch should bid for the 2026 Commonwealth Games as it would be a great finishing project for the City's rebuild...

:huh: Interesting read about NZ Chef de Mission boss, Dave Currie's suggestion that Christchurch should bid for the 2026 Commonwealth Games as it would be a great finishing project for the City's rebuild...

Where did he say that? Would be interested in having a read.

Archived