The Official Forecast: Rain, Rain & more Rain!

If you're in the stadium after dark, I'd bring a long-sleeved top. It's been a tad chilly in there for the past few evenings.

To be honest, it's not that cold in the London. Bring T-shirts mainly but with a jumper or a light weight waterproof for the inevitable showers. I go jacketless 95% of the time at the moment with short-sleeves.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I watched that. They tend to be a bit more in depth on countryfile forecast. The one thing they did suggest though is that there wouldn't be no heavy prolonged rain for the evening. It was just the possibility of showers that couldn't be confirmed yet.

Just watched the countryfile weather, they are saying they just dont know what the weather will do on Friday, its soooo tense.

They said keep a check on it, aghhhhhhhhh!

Yep, I watched that. They tend to be a bit more in depth on countryfile forecast. The one thing they did suggest though is that there wouldn't be no heavy prolonged rain for the evening. It was just the possibility of showers that couldn't be confirmed yet.

You two watch Countryfile?

It could be worse - they could be in Beijing who are experiencing massive flooding issues at the moment.

Silly question alert but has the rain ever put out the Olympic cauldron?

Yes... Montreal 1976. A official relit the cauldron with his cigarette lighter.. and that flame was quickly doused and re-lit with the official back up flame.

bbc foreacst is now showers during the opening - nice all day and then from 7pm showers! pants!

Adrian, the BBC was showing thundery showers until recently, now it's merely light rain showers... Hopefully the forecast will continue to improve before Friday. I still think they're unsure as to what it will do.

I guess GB weather is like here in NZ. Little island surrounded by sh1t loads of the drink. I can look at Saturdays weather on a Monday and it shows it's going to be pissing down all weekend, check back Wednesday and it's blue skies.

Fingers crossed we get a dry night, and hey, a few light showers won't be the end of the world - just really hope we don't have massive downpours and thunder showers.

Just curious... am I the only selfish SOB here?

Opening Ceremony on Friday? I don't have tickets. Be nice if the weather is good. But if not.... meh.

What I really care about is a lack of rain on Sunday when I have tennis tickets

Are you sure that you don't care if the OC is sort of ruined by a possible rain?

Archived