2013 Confederations Cup

gotosy

Bezzi, that girl you're with on that puctures is HOT! Haha sorry if it sounds disrespectiful... I've always dreamed of a Brazilian gf :lol:

Am I the only here who thinks that Nigeria can beat Uriguay tomorrow... Just mark my words, Uruguay is playing baaad!

Italy's game today was exciting, though Japan deserved at least a draw, Italy is Italy ;)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came back from the protest here in my city. We gathered some 5000 people and blocked the busiest highway. All in all, it was very pacific and the police was by our side. One person was shot though... Things in Brasília, Porto Alegre, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro are getting big and dangerous. People in Brasilia broke in the National Congress right now and some 100 thousand lined the streets of Rio today while the world plays football at our expensive new stadiums.

971243_583543548351995_1902335075_n.jpg

in some places, protesters demands about the cut of public transportations were met yesterday, but still there are protests schedule for the next days in other cities and about other big issues. It seems that they´ll be focused on corruption (PEC-37) from now.

Despite clashes in Fortaleza yesterday it seems that those gatherings are not endangering the Tournment. Which is a good thing

What a show Neymar casted yesterday.

Some jogo bonito after all!

in some places, protesters demands about the cut of public transportations were met yesterday, but still there are protests schedule for the next days in other cities and about other big issues. It seems that they´ll be focused on corruption (PEC-37) from now.

Despite clashes in Fortaleza yesterday it seems that those gatherings are not endangering the Tournment. Which is a good thing

Back to football, let's discuss Brazilian politics in the other thread....

Bezzi, that girl you're with on that puctures is HOT! Haha sorry if it sounds disrespectiful... I've always dreamed of a Brazilian gf :lol:

Am I the only here who thinks that Nigeria can beat Uriguay tomorrow... Just mark my words, Uruguay is playing baaad!

Italy's game today was exciting, though Japan deserved at least a draw, Italy is Italy ;)

Hey! take your eyes of my girl!

I'm also betting on Nigeria. I think they will finish second in the group and face Brazil in semifinal.

If Spain not have this boring tactic, the game would be 20-0. I bet that Uruguay will score more than 10 goals. Tahiti is lucky to not have fallen in Group A.

FIFA launches biological profiling at FIFA Confederations Cup

After a pilot program that was first tested at the FIFA Club World Cup in 2011 and 2012, FIFA has started implementing the biological profile – considered to be the best method to detect the use of performance-enhancing drugs – at the FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013. As a leading pioneer in this field, FIFA will continue developing this new strategy for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™.

“The profile has two components: the haematological parameters, in blood, and the steroid profile, in urine,” said FIFA’s Chief Medical Officer, Professor Jiri Dvorak. “The combination of the two gives a biological profile, a kind of genetic blueprint of the body, individual for each person. Results can be compared over time, and if they differ one can suspect a manipulation of the body.”

For the FIFA Confederations Cup, every player from all participating teams had to undergo blood and urine tests prior to the competition for the purpose of the biological profile. In addition, players remain subject to the routine in-competition anti-doping tests whereby two players per team are randomly tested at each match.

Next year, prior to Brazil 2014, all 32 participating teams will undergo the same procedure.

FIFA

I've more time for this Tahiti team than the San Marino team who England played a couple of months ago. They had a real go at Spain with some good runs and neat balls into the box. They were outclassed obviously but they didn't decide to play the whole 90 mins in their own penalty area. Credit where it's due, they won their regional trophy to get to Brazil and the locals have taken to them.

Brings back good memories of Germany 8 - 0 Saudi Arabia. But the Saudi's were a respectable team, Tahiti not so much.

Guess which chump got landed with Saudi Arabia in the Sixth Form sweepstake that year.

Spain played relaxed, with the reserve team. But Uruguay is not classified, need to win and need goal difference to ensure the semifinal. I think they will score more than 10 goals. My bet is 12-0.

If Spain goes to the Finals against Brazil then I want to agree with the ESPN commentarist. He said Brazil must lose to Spain in order to come back stronger and prepared. Cuz I'm afraid the same thing will happen like in 2005 and 2009 then lose badly in the World Cup

Archived