2013 Confederations Cup

gotosy

Tomorrow i will be at Maracanã to follow Italy and Mexico.

Dannyel you will go too right? You pick up your ticket? My sector is 126 gate E.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the opening ceremony. It was simple and short, but very cleaver and with a very good soundtrack.

Protests outside the stadium, arrests, boos on Dilma Rousseff and Joseph Blatter are also highlights...

And here's the latter of the highlights you mentioned (;)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlmAGU7tUPI

Is Dilma Rousseff very unpopular as well at the moment in Brazil? Oh dear, I hope that her reputation will recover in time for the World Cup - so that only Scumbag Blatter gets the boos there. ;)

And for all who missed it (including me): Here's the first of four big sports event opening ceremonies that Brazil will stage within the next a little bit more than three years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKpGEa4Wts

And here's the latter of the highlights you mentioned (;)):

Is Dilma Rousseff very unpopular as well at the moment in Brazil? Oh dear, I hope that her reputation will recover in time for the World Cup - so that only Scumbag Blatter gets the boos there. ;)

Personally, I don't blame her. I actually feel sorry for her... In my opinion she is the one trying to do something good, but suffering from the pressures of those who want to maintain the status quo, including many people from her own party. One thing that I like about her, is that she is concerned about technica administration, rather then dirty politics. Unfortunately, economic growth has slowed down and inflation is rising (in my view, due to some economic measures that did not please the big banks and international investors), and that caused an 8 point drop in her popularity in the last research (to around 57% of approval). But the main reason she was booed yesterday at the stadium is the momentum that protests have gained in the popular opinion in the last days. I'm very excited to see that, for the first time in nearly two decades, Brazilians are taking the streets and receiving considerable attention.

It is unquestionable that Brazil lacks infrastructure and our welfare state is extremely inefficient... Mr. Blatter do not have any moral authority to come to Brazil and tell Brazilians to have respect or fair play (in what was nothing but a manifestation of democracy), while millions of Brazilians who need health assistance and other services were disrespected when billions of dollars of public money were spent in Stadiums for an event of four weeks. People are dying in hospitals, education is neglected, corruption is rampant, crime is skyrocketing, the cost of living is signifcantly rising and Brazilians just had enough. The reason I feel sorry for Dilma is that she just received a bubble from previous governments (specially from Lula's) which will burst in her hands... Anyway, this bubble needed to burst. Brazil cannot tolerate - not anymore - the payment of one of the highest tax rates in the world in exchange for one of the poorest public services...

Could the reaction of Brazilians be any different? The one thing that Brazilians don't need right now is panis et circus, and that is exactly what was presented to us (and they were expecting us to respect it). When we demonstrated our dissatisfaction during protests in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro last Thursday, police repressed violently. They now touched on the nerves of a nation that still have scars from a ruthless military dictatorship. The demonstrations will only grow and spread in the coming weeks. I believe that the scenes of yesterday, outside the National Stadium, will be repeated today at Maracanã. It is even funny that a song crated by Fiat to the world cup is been used to call the population to protest. The TV commercial is called "Vem pra rua" (Come to the street, in Portuguese), and was initally intended to tell people to go to the streets to cheer for Brazil in the tournament... Turns out it became popular for other reason...

And for all who missed it (including me): Here's the first of four big sports event opening ceremonies that Brazil will stage within the next a little bit more than three years:

Well, this video missed the best part of the ceremony, which was the very beginning!

Hundreds of thousands protesting in the streets of Brazil today. My thoughts ? Very well done, but unfortunate at the same time that its happening during the World Cup test event. But the people must be heard, maybe Brazil will start caring and cover/fix this shame.

Btw the protest is bc the raise in public transportation, but in my view it represents much more.

Just came back from the protest here in my city. We gathered some 5000 people and blocked the busiest highway. All in all, it was very pacific and the police was by our side. One person was shot though... Things in Brasília, Porto Alegre, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro are getting big and dangerous. People in Brasilia broke in the National Congress right now and some 100 thousand lined the streets of Rio today while the world plays football at our expensive new stadiums.

971243_583543548351995_1902335075_n.jpg

"big and dangerous"... Nah - despite some idiots destroying glasses in the Rio state Chamber of Legislative and some radicals tried to enter Bandeirantes Palace in Sao Paulo, the protest were mostly pacific.

In every single protest around the world, most are good people and few are truly idiots that wants to make things chaotic...

Back to sports:

NIGERIA 6 - TAHITI 1...

And who left the stadium happy? Tahitians!

"big and dangerous"... Nah - despite some idiots destroying glasses in the Rio state Chamber of Legislative and some radicals tried to enter Bandeirantes Palace in Sao Paulo, the protest were mostly pacific.

In every single protest around the world, most are good people and few are truly idiots that wants to make things chaotic...

Back to sports:

NIGERIA 6 - TAHITI 1...

And who left the stadium happy? Tahitians!

the Tahitians were just happy to be at an international stage.

I must say: I'm pretty happy youngster and the people, in general, are in the streets claiming a better country. Some footage even bring me tears of proud.

Still, I wished they could choose other time to do it... Not good to mix sports and politics. That's pretty sad. It seems we choose always the wrong moments (and sometimes arguments) to do our protests...

Epic!

This is already history!

The people, finally, "being represented" in the National Congress

ninja_congresso.jpg

grupo-tomou-rampa-e-cupula-do-congresso-

congresso.jpg

"big and dangerous"... Nah - despite some idiots destroying glasses in the Rio state Chamber of Legislative and some radicals tried to enter Bandeirantes Palace in Sao Paulo, the protest were mostly pacific.!

I'm just watching new footage in Globo right now... Things went wild in Rio...Sadly.

This is not a way to protest.... :(

Yes, they lost their reason and deserve to be punished. They are against the world cup? Why didn't protest in 2007? All celebrated in Copacabana.

So far my predictions are just one goal off: Bra-Jap 3-0 (3-1), Mex-Ita 1-2 (1-1). Great game in Maracanã by the way. Very atractive football by Italy. Well deserved victory

Joe, you put Italy in third place match but also in the final.

Archived