2013 Confederations Cup

gotosy

Confederations Cup soccer tournament in Brazil to have drone security

SAO PAULO — The Brazilian Air Force will use four Israeli-made drones to help provide security during the Confederations Cup in June.

The air force says the unmanned planes have been acquired to operate in Brazil's borders and will be used extensively during the World Cup warm-up tournament from June 15-30. They are also expected to help provide security during the 2014 World Cup.

Brazil has had two of the RQ-450 drones manufactured by Israel in operation since 2011. The other two will be ready in March.

The new units have a few improvements from the other two, including better infrared cameras and enhanced communication systems. The air force says it has invested nearly $25 million in the aircraft.

Brazil will also have a new radar system in place in the coming months.

AP

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/259500/group/homepage/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a ticket for this game. Guess I'll have a lot of fun.

Nice, bring a calculator to keep score :) Must be a culture shock for Tahiti to play in the immense Maracanã. I've seen pictures of the "stadiums" they are used to play in.. Very, very big difference :)

I have a ticket for this game. Guess I'll have a lot of fun.

Do you also have tickets for Mexico - Italy or the final?

x_x I feel like I'm the only person here who doesn't get to travel. I'll try driving down to Brazil

If you have some 3 months of vacations, it's is achievable!

x_x I feel like I'm the only person here who doesn't get to travel. I'll try driving down to Brazil

If only Brazil was a bit closer, don't have time to fly out to Rio for the CC. But hopefully i will for the WC!

• 1 month later...

^^ I agree, that comment was pretty much inappropriate, but never-mind...the shirt looks very retro-ish, almost like something from the 60's.

I wonder if they did it on purpose to use it as a charm to try to emulate the Maracanazo again? :P

I wrote a blogpost about this jersey. The inspiration comes from the jersey they used in 1924 (olympics) and 1930 (WC). I think this is an awesome jersey, love the design and the color. I would buy it. And if that makes me a girl or a homosexual, than so be it..

http://www.worldcupofjoe.com/1/post/2013/05/retro-jersey-for-uruguay-for-the-confederations-cup.html

Archived