Kazan 2013 Universiade

Design of the podiums for the medal awards

big_IMG_3367.jpg

The stage is almost set for the opening. Rehearsers have moved to Kazan Arena to rehearse the show there.

5dbdb13e0f05.jpg

ff5194dcd79d.jpg

ca4f97f53299.jpg

6d2ab101ba5c.jpg

The following article confirms the presence of many russian pop stars for the closing ceremonies http://tatar-duslyk.ru/%D0%B7%D0%B5%D0%BC%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%B2%D1%8B%D1%81%D1%82%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%82-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%86%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D1%82/

Zemfira will perform at the closing ceremony of the Universiade in Kazan

Podcasts country and the world, Tatars in Russian and in mireAvtor admin
Singer Zemfira will take part in the closing ceremony of the Universiade in Kazan. This was reported today by the Mayor of the capital of Tatarstan Ilsur Metshin during a media lunch on the 5th anniversary with the announcement of Kazan, the capital of the XXVII World Summer Student Games, says "Tatar-Inform".
The mayor noted that the opening and closing ceremonies of the Universiade in Kazan engaged for 2.5 years, but all the secrets did not disclose. He only said that at the time of the Games will be used mostly classical art: an opera performance, large-scale lighting effects, colorful dance numbers.
"The opening ceremony of the Universiade - is not only a holiday show, but also an opportunity to tell the world about our country, the city of Kazan, the people who live here," - said I. Metshin.
The closing ceremony of the Universiade will be more addressed to the younger generation. In it, in particular, will be attended by such Russian stars like Zemfira, Garik Sukachev, "Mummy Troll" Christmas tree, "B-2".

I think that I mentioned this before but Igor Krutoy (who did the surprisingly nice opening of the 2011 Winter Asiad in Kazakhstan) is doing this ceremony. In fact I tought at first that the Sochi guys would hire him to do their shows instead of the Kazan 2013 games.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Athens 2004-like stage? o.o Uh oh, someone in this forum is not going to be very happy :lol: *shot*

1996430.jpg

WO0jy.jpg

Notice on the last pic there's going to be an Atlanta'96-like stage in the stands for the flag poles

I have to admit I didn't expected Krutoy to make a water stage like in 2004. I wonder how he'll use it.

^^ See? What did I said? :lol:

Ehem, no Baron. Igor Krutoy, as far as I know, is not involved in Sochi ceremonies, so I doubt this could be considered a dress rehearsal for the Winter Olympics.

^^ See? What did I said? :lol:

Ehem, no Baron. Igor Krutoy, as far as I know, is not involved in Sochi ceremonies, so I doubt this could be considered a dress rehearsal for the Winter Olympics.

I know that. (Didn't want to disappoint you.) But I am sure some of the key people who will work Kazan, will end up helping out Sochi. Just as some of the people who will work Brazil 2014 ceremonies will end up working Rio 2016. That's how it goes.

Also, let me correct you. The "lake" in Athens is a masterstroke; it is how it was NOT used that I take issue with. Considering ATHOC spent so much for it, it was vastly under-used. That is one of my two major complaints about the Athens OC--not that there was a "lake."

How important compared to Youth Olympics?

It's essentially the same demographic as the YOGs, except that FISU is separate from the IOC; and participants in FISU must belong to an acredited college or university recognized by FISU; whereas an athlete at the YOGs need not belong to any school but must only be between 14-18. It's just the IOC's competitor to FISU, so that the Universiades do NOT get too big to rival the IOC products.

I never knew about them before I joined this board. Guardian seemed to be the only one following them until World Atlas took his job.

Only for Kazan .. my main interest was the Aquatic Palace and the Stadium which will host a much important event two years later the FINA world championships

we will see later how it goes with Gwangju 2015 Universiade.

ESPN Brings US Viewers Live Coverage of the 27th FISU Summer Universiade in Kazan

LAUSANNE – FISU, the governing body of international university sport, has secured live coverage in the US for the 27th edition of the Summer Universiade (Kazan, Russia - July 6-17, 2013) on ESPN networks.

For the first time, the Universiades will be telecast live in the US. ESPN will cover over 40 hours of Summer Universiade action on ESPNU and an additional 250 hours will be available live on ESPN3 from July 6 – 17, 2013. ESPN’s multiscreen sports network in the US is available to fans who receive their Internet or video subscription from an affiliated provider. It is accessible to more than 85 million households online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members and on Apple TV. ESPN coverage will focus on Basketball, Water Polo, Swimming, Track & Field, Beach Volleyball and Volleyball.

The Universiades have proven to showcase future stars that have gone on to perform at World Championship and Olympic level. American swimmer Dana Vollmer, a gold and silver medalist at the 2005 Summer Universiade in Izmir, Turkey went on to win three gold medals during the Olympic Games in London last summer and become an Olympic Champion.
The Universiades, (Winter & Summer) are held every two years, gathering student-athletes aged 17-28 and are second only to the Olympic Games in terms of number of participating athletes and countries represented. In Kazan, more than 10,000 student-athletes will compete in 27 sports.

“Our agreement to deliver FISU events is a testament to our commitment of serving sports fans with quality programming, both domestically and from around the world,” said Todd Myers, director of programming and acquisitions for ESPN. “We look forward to carrying these events to a US audience.”

“I am extremely pleased that ESPN will bring the FISU flagship event to the homes of our American student-athletes, their family and friends and the sport-loving American audience,” said FISU President, Claude-Louis Gallien. “Like FISU, which strives for excellence on campus and on the sports field, ESPN brings excellence with its quality coverage and story-telling, by relating the sport stories that matter most to US audiences. I am confident that with the help of ESPN, the International University Sport Movement will continue to grow in popularity on the American continent.”

http://www.sportcal.com/News/release_article.aspx?articleid=93672

Archived