Kazan 2013 Universiade

A tad disappointing cauldron lightning (although a very emotional music), but overall it was a spectacular show. After Igor Krutoy work in the 2011 Winter Asiad I knew he would also do a great show. (I'm looking forward for the OST of this XD)

I wonder if Krutoy will have some role in the Sochi ceremonies. I would like him to compose some music score for it at least :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tad disappointing cauldron lightning (although a very emotional music), but overall it was a spectacular show. After Igor Krutoy work in the 2011 Winter Asiad I knew he would also do a great show. (I'm looking forward for the OST of this XD)

I wonder if Krutoy will have some role in the Sochi ceremonies. I would like him to compose some music score for it at least :lol:

I guess Krutoy is like Russia's Vangelis/Andrew Lloyd Webber -- being a special Events producer and using his own compositions too. Must be related to Vladimir Putin! :lol::lol:

Strange how they skipped over Stalin and Lenin and post-fall Federation leaders. :rolleyes:

They used every trick in the book except:

- fog and smoke effects over the lake

- laser lights;

- black lighting (which would've been great for one or 2 sequences); and

- change of color or lighting effects under the water. Something like the fire and embedded stars in the Salt Lake ice.

Also, and I think it will be a trend continuing with Sochi and 2018, the Russians always use EVERY and, I repeat, every ethnic folk costume in their portfolio (probably of over 500 designs) -- so much so it becomes overkill already. And the glaring contrast between the under-use of the water in Athens and over-use here.

I'm a little steamed that no one from KU was chosen to compete at the Games, all the while KSTATE's women's volleyball team is representing the U.S, and their former men's basketball coach Frank Martin is an assistant on the U.S. men's team. Even on the international stage, Kansas Jayhawks get screwed and KSTATE Wildcats reap glory, and I'm sick of it.

• 1 month later...

Archived