Kazan 2013 Universiade

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just from a few minutes of watching the video, I can already see the much better use of space (and pond) than what Athens did in 2004. ALtho I don't know what those feather-waving strippers have to do w/ Kazan?

OMG!! Just checked out the 'spoiler' fotos. While it's a whole combo of Athens-Vancouver-Delhi-Guadaljara, it seems to be the be-all of Ceremonies. I wonder what Givens & his Sochi team are thinking now??

^^ Not sure as well. it seems they're focusing more on Tatarstan culture than Russia itself (although you can still see references to what we know about Russia. If you want more scenes from the rehearsals be sure to check out this account: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxClNwvDiNlzH0pj2SgRC4w?feature=watch

Speaking of Athens, seems the ceremony will begin with some sort of Clepsydra-like segment before the actual countdown/hoisting of the Russian flag

Also there will be a segment representing Imperial Russia, it seems (I think it was confirmed Sochi will have an Imperial Russia segment as well as a tribute to Peter the Great)

At what time is the Opening Ceremony ?

Will it be somewhere a live streaming of a broadcast ? Or which TV channels around the world are planning to live broadcast it ? (could not find it on the Eurosport's progam)

Entrance of the Rusian flag.

Wow, even Igor Krutoy composes music for his own shows.

Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto 1 as the flag is about to be hoisted (reminds me so much of Moscow 1980)

Such beautiful and peaceful rendition of the russian anthem...

The french announcer is dreadful, though XD. I hope they don't hire him for Sochi

Really liking it right now!

The drumbeat calling for the two riders from both sides of the Volga River, one male and one female, when they meet looking at Kazan was really nice.

The short stories are very well made and put together so far about Kazan. Must leave very soon for work though... :(

^^ This. I'm starting to hope they release an OST of this ceremony :)

This whole segment with the Kremlin and the water effects is incredible....

The entrance of the athletes, but no worries, more of the cultural to show after it ;)

^^ They did the same in Shenzhen despite Beijing used a Chinese alphabet order. Maybe it wont be the same case in Sochi :P

And I agree. I guess Rio will do a similar trick for their 2016 ceremonies when it comes for the parade (although I think Maracana has even more space than the Kazan Arena so they won't have much difficulties)

Also, Georgia is taking part? :lol: didn't they wanted to boycott or something?

Archived