Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

Quarter Final 4: England v Italia

This is the only quarter where there is no real favorite before the match, it's really 50/50 and it should be fun to watch!

Obvioulsy Portugal, Spain & Germany are the three favorites in theirs quaters

An interesting match so far. And England has an advantage for the extra time, Italy appears to be tired now, after dominating the match for a long time. As a German, I'm rooting for England of course. ;)

Penalty shoot-out! Let's pray for England. ;) But they have a strong keeper this time around, with Joe Hart.

But if their is any fairness left in this game, Italy should win now. Even if penalties are a pure lottery.

there, not their

And it ended as it almost always ends: England loses 2-4 on penalties, Italy is playing against Germany in the semi-final.

What worries me is that Italy presented itself much improved, almost as usual when they start the knock-out matches at a tournament. They will be a very tough opponent for Germany on Thursday, and I do fear that it could be a second 2006 and yet another time Germany misses a victory against Italy in a tournament. Germany has the advantage of two more rest days and having played only 90 and not 120 minutes, though.

Well it has been a one way match for the last 100 minutes. I'm very dissapointed by England and very impressed by Italy.

It' s a shame, England started well and then start again to play like Greece again!

A team like Enlang must be able to make 3 good pass and to have at least above 45% possesion at least!

England lost on penalties - what's new?

I kind of wish Rooney would have scored on that bicycle kick, though. Would have been goal of the tournament material.

Only watched about 30 minutes of the game but from what I have read England is getting ripped apart for the way they played.

Watched the second half and extra time of the match and while I was supporting England, Italy created more changes and probably deserved to win. Poor old England no luck when it comes to the penalty shoot out!

Sign in to follow this