Quarter Final 2: Deutschland v Ellada

Wow, what an incredibly onesided match so far. The Greek offence is practically non-existent. Good that Lahm managed to break through that Greek wall. And good that it didn't turn out badly that Germany left so many chances unused before that goal.

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Reus scores - 4-1 for Germany!

Greece seems to be falling apart now. Never in my wildest dreams I would have imagined that we would score four goals against such an extremely defensive team.

Germany is about to set a new world record -- never before has a national team won 15 caps in a row. Germany has won every cap since the 3rd place match at the 2010 World Cup against Uruguay.

Sorry, I meant competitive matches, not caps.

Yeah, I also had a business dinner during the match against the Netherlands - of all matches. But luckily they had TV in the restaurant. ;) Didn't your business partners want to watch the match?

Anyway, now please bring on England for the semi-final! I could live very well without having to finally beat Italy at a tournament. ;)

Yeah, I also had a business dinner during the match against the Netherlands - of all matches. But luckily they had TV in the restaurant. ;) Didn't your business partners want to watch the match?

well - no - there was no TV...

Well - we couldn't choose another date, due several reasons - so we had to "stand" it...

Really disappointed by the result. Howedes needs to start in defense. The scoreline flattered the Greeks. Not impressed with how Germany played. But the result was the right one.

Olympian2004. To be a champion you have to beat all the other potential champions. If Germany cannot beat Italy then they do not deserve to be the champion. Obviously England would be the more beneficial game tactically, but Germany showed today they can get through a defensive team.

Mind you, no one would be able to question the title if Germany goes through beating Portugal, Netherlands, Italy and Spain.

Btw its just so much harder to dislike Italy now, with someone as interesting as Mario Balotelli.

Edited by Snabbare

Really disappointed by the result. Howedes needs to start in defense.

Why that? Badstuber and especially Hummels did a great job in the central defence, even if they hadn't extremely much to do. If any, Boateng committed mistakes and Lahm wasn't extremely strong (apart from his goal) either.

Olympian2004. To be a champion you have to beat all the other potential champions.

That's an old football truism. Nevertheless, it should be allowed to hope for the easier of the two potential semi-final opponents. That's what probably every team does.

Mind you, no one would be able to question the title if Germany goes through beating Portugal, Netherlands, Italy and Spain.

No one would be able to question the title either if Germany went through beating Portugal, Netherlands, England and Spain.