Meet the Stadiums

Bezzi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for off-topic but I think this stadium should host the world cup

Gremio Arena - Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul state

it was opened last Saturday .. I see it as one of the best and most modern in Latin america with European standards

I liked it more than any world cup stadiums

8243880777_6005441729_b.jpg

82b6b0c23f0811e2be0d22000a9f14df_7.jpg

705067_10151269700420982_1994819893_o.jp

ARENA-DO-GR%C3%8AMIO-041.jpg

ARENA-DO-GR%C3%8AMIO-012.jpg

ARENA-DO-GR%C3%8AMIO-024.jpg

8251947307_bd214572d3_b.jpg

8252906311_64abe61799_b.jpg

rsz_a9eg7vfcqaamm1z.jpg

rena30.jpg

I want to post more of this beauty here but it will be off-topic since it's not a world cup stadium
but at least it will be a training arena for the teams

I think it looks like a generic modern stadium with little personality. As such I wouldn't call it better than all the WC stadiums which include some jewels in my opinion. For spectators it might be better than the Internacional's WC stadium in the same city though.

i'm partial to qatar's planned for 2022.

incidentally, that's also the date most of the stadiums in brazil will be complete enough to match their renderings.

Ok. These are the first where it's possible to make a comparison. Tell the difference.

Mineirão

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Castelão
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

They could have been more creative with the colors of the seats in the Castelão. From the inside, it is almost impossible to see the difference with the Mineirao. But besides that, i love that they've renovated a lot of the old stadiums instead of only building entirely new ones. Eventough they look alike, they both have character and, above all, history.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think Arena Do Gremio was a better choice over Beira-Rio... :( I personally dislike stadiums whete the stands are far from the pitch

Does anyone has news from Natal? It is an awesome stadium but I've only found very old updates...

Ok Natal is progressing ! It has reached 50% of execution this past week. It still in less place in terms of work done but it's catching up with Arena da Amazonia and Arena Pantanal about 53% concluded . Here's a link with the latest pictures :

http://www.portal2014.org.br/galeria-fotos/Galeria-Fotos.aspx?galeria=575

I really like Arena Das Dunas project, the outside space will look so good, the city itself looks so pretty surrounding the Arena already. Something that many major stadiums will not have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm partial to qatar's planned for 2022.

incidentally, that's also the date most of the stadiums in brazil will be complete enough to match their renderings.

One more for Krow. Fonte Nova isn't ready yet, but we can get a feel of the new stadium:

fonte1.jpg
fonte2.jpg

One more for Krow. Fonte Nova isn't ready yet, but we can get a feel of the new stadium:

Krow is still in the 90's when jokes about the "the third world"* were funny.

Leave him laughing alone listening to some Nikki French or whatever...

*"Third world" term is so 90's too...

• 1 month later...

Archived