Sign in to follow this  
Bezzi

2014 World Cup News

And so far no match has ended in a draw. The WC has been very entertaining so far. I guess the football quality will make up for the organization issues, even though those seem to have relaxed these days.

The only match I hated was that opening one, and France vs Honduras didn't convinced me much.

There were a lot of ref mistakes, not only favouring Brazil...

I hope you got the WC mood back, Ikarus.

Hey, bipolar British media, what's going on?

From YAHOO UK.

Brazil 2014: Three days in, and already set to be the best World Cup EVER

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/why-brazil-2014-shaping-best-world-cup-ever-104131658.html

C'mon, Yahoo UK, we knew it before the start of the WC... Why those stupid reports weeks ago????

• Like 1

The British media's just trying to cover up all those (somewhat inaccurate and exaggerated) stories about how horrid the World Cup planning/construction/organization is going... <_<

The British media's just trying to cover up all those (somewhat inaccurate and exaggerated) stories about how horrid the World Cup planning/construction/organization is going... <_<

British media is funny, after all...

British media is funny, after all...

Did see reports comming in on Protesters outside the stadiums mentioning social issues being neglected.

Gee, sounds like the everyday life of a democracy to me.

Did see reports comming in on Protesters outside the stadiums mentioning social issues being neglected.

Gee, sounds like the everyday life of a democracy to me.

The police counted less than 100 people protesting.

The guy on radio news at morning wisely said, let's waste 30 seconds to talk about it. It's not major news anymore...

All Media are reporting this. It's bias and wrong to single out one source of Media. Media around the World are reporting these news.

All Media are reporting this. It's bias and wrong to single out one source of Media. Media around the World are reporting these news.

Psst. Tony. Think! Is this the best use of your limited posts?

Do people even care about the protests anymore? I'm pretty sure spectators are too busy with actual football, that to pay attention to silly protesters that won't actually fundamentally do anything to benefit themselves or stop the WC, would care. It's kinda too late to protest. It would be too late and too much of a headache to cancel/relocate the WC. The money has been used and the matches have begun, they should just shush and watch.

Soccer-loving newlyweds miss World Cup match due to travel agent’s blunder Orin and Melissa van Lingen, from Darwin, Australia, thought they were flying to Salvador, Brazil for Friday’s Spain versus Holland World Cup game — but they ended up in El Salvador instead.

Soccer-loving newlyweds spent the first days of their honeymoon in crime-ridden El Salvador rather than the Brazilian city of almost the same name after an epic mix-up by their travel agent.

Orin and Melissa van Lingen, from Darwin, Australia, were hoping to catch Friday's Spain versus Holland World Cup game at the Arena Fonte Nova in the host nation's northeast.

But the duo only discovered they had been sent to San Salvador — the violent capital of the Central American nation — after boarding a connecting flight from Los Angeles. The city is more than 3,000 miles off the mark.

"We were completely devastated," Melissa van Lingen told the Sunday Territorian.

The couple married last June, but put off having children and saved up so they could enjoy the tournament as part of their delayed honeymoon.

"The game we watched today was the one we had a ticket for, Spain versus Holland, but unfortunately we had to watch it on TV — in a different country," she said.

"The hardest part was seeing my husband's face — it was heartbreaking," she added.

A spokesman for Flight Centre Travel Group, with whom the couple booked their tickets, apologized for the "misunderstanding."

Haydn Long also said he was working "to save their holiday."

"We have provided alternative accommodation and arranged flights to Brazil to ensure their plans are back on track ahead of the next game," he added

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/newlyweds-world-cup-match-due-travel-agent-blunder-article-1.1831278#ixzz34pRvjOyI

I don't think so... lol protesters, specially the so called "black blocks" are totally isolated these days. Brazilian people are really engaged in the WC. People are on the streets celebrating with international visitors, so I don't think protests are the main news anymore...

Germany manager Jogi Low has been cited for bad sportsmanship conduct after being caught on camera picking his nose moments before shaking the Portuguese captains hand in their epic 4 - 0 victory. Truly revolting! :angry:

Soccer-loving newlyweds miss World Cup match due to travel agent’s blunder

Orin and Melissa van Lingen, from Darwin, Australia, thought they were flying to Salvador, Brazil for Friday’s Spain versus Holland World Cup game — but they ended up in El Salvador instead.

Soccer-loving newlyweds spent the first days of their honeymoon in crime-ridden El Salvador rather than the Brazilian city of almost the same name after an epic mix-up by their travel agent.

Orin and Melissa van Lingen, from Darwin, Australia, were hoping to catch Friday's Spain versus Holland World Cup game at the Arena Fonte Nova in the host nation's northeast.

But the duo only discovered they had been sent to San Salvador — the violent capital of the Central American nation — after boarding a connecting flight from Los Angeles. The city is more than 3,000 miles off the mark.

"We were completely devastated," Melissa van Lingen told the Sunday Territorian.

The couple married last June, but put off having children and saved up so they could enjoy the tournament as part of their delayed honeymoon.

"The game we watched today was the one we had a ticket for, Spain versus Holland, but unfortunately we had to watch it on TV — in a different country," she said.

"The hardest part was seeing my husband's face — it was heartbreaking," she added.

A spokesman for Flight Centre Travel Group, with whom the couple booked their tickets, apologized for the "misunderstanding."

Haydn Long also said he was working "to save their holiday."

"We have provided alternative accommodation and arranged flights to Brazil to ensure their plans are back on track ahead of the next game," he added

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/newlyweds-world-cup-match-due-travel-agent-blunder-article-1.1831278#ixzz34pRvjOyI

There is an "instant meme" video of a Chilean who came by bus from Chile and reached Curitiba to watch the Chile match. The problem? Chile would play in Cuiabá, 1.700 km far away... And that night!

"Is Cuiabá far?

Ay, it seems I made the wrong way" hahahahaha

"Chile will play in...?"

"Cuiabá"

"And we are in...?"

"Curitiba"

"Ay, I made the wrong way..."

hahahahahahaha

Do people even care about the protests anymore? I'm pretty sure spectators are too busy with actual football, that to pay attention to silly protesters that won't actually fundamentally do anything to benefit themselves or stop the WC

Send an e-mail to CNN saying this, please.

Brazilian across the country celebrating Brazil's first goal

Mexicans got my respect with this in Copacabana!!!

rollin2.gif

Look at the face of the Argentines... hahahaha

Subway in Rio with decoration for the World Cup

SAM_2158_zpsea2d9f9c.jpg

• Like 3

Subway in Rio with decoration for the World Cup

SAM_2158_zpsea2d9f9c.jpg

:D you're asking for trouble doing this!

:D you're asking for trouble doing this!

Specially by placing Argentine colours decoration inside the wagon :rolleyes:

For those who say infra-structure projects were not delivered... (well, some were really not delivery) I was reading in SSC how BRT in Belo Horizonte (legacy of World Cup) and how it improved the transportation around the city.

Before:

2yl674i.jpg

Now:

4b33df326fcdf26e8e900ddb561a91fd.jpg

Ring/Circle-Highway around Sao Paulo (east wing), to be opened next week

0e178a55bf.jpg?largura=600

Existing South Wing (West wing is also operating)

IMG_1179.jpg

West wing of Arch-Highway around North Rio de Janeiro metro area to be opened next month (delayed, but it'll be major to take interstate traffic out of Rio for Olympic Games)

12213748663_0aeb5ce869_b.jpg

For those who say infra-structure projects were not delivered... (well, some were really not delivery) I was reading in SSC how BRT in Belo Horizonte (legacy of World Cup) and how it improved the transportation around the city.

Before:

2yl674i.jpg

Now:

4b33df326fcdf26e8e900ddb561a91fd.jpg

Ring/Circle-Highway around Sao Paulo (east wing), to be opened next week

0e178a55bf.jpg?largura=600

Existing South Wing (West wing is also operating)

IMG_1179.jpg

West wing of Arch-Highway around North Rio de Janeiro metro area to be opened next month (delayed, but it'll be major to take interstate traffic out of Rio for Olympic Games)

12213748663_0aeb5ce869_b.jpg

Don't get too wound up...infrastructure projects, especially those involved with mass transportation, always takes what seems like ages. We are going through the same here in NZ. Everyone is impatient but realize the the $40billion project for the North Island superhighway is going to take till 2030 to complete. So we know what you guys are going through.
  • Like 2

Don't get too wound up...infrastructure projects, especially those involved with mass transportation, always takes what seems like ages. We are going through the same here in NZ. Everyone is impatient but realize the the $40billion project for the North Island superhighway is going to take till 2030 to complete. So we know what you guys are going through.

I think, by 2016, Brazil will be very better than right now due the delayed works to be delivered in the next 2 yrs.

Also Crossrail will be Completed in 2018-2019. A new Train Service across London.

I mentioned that, because that's a major infrastructure project, similar to projects happening in Brazil and New Zealand.

Across London, England.

Not London, Ontario? :)

It's a good thing he clarified.