• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "international" Rio And one of our dangerous neighbors: They are all welcome!

- Did you say fruit, candy or girl?

Subway in Rio with decoration for the World Cup

It's a bit, well, err, tutti frutti.

Hmmm, I like it well enough... for a World Cup. Don't think it would work as much for an Olympics, though.

I guess you'd know all about frutti.

It's a bit, well, err, tutti frutti.

Hmmm, I like it well enough... for a World Cup. Don't think it would work as much for an Olympics, though.

I agree. Reminds me of a commercial for tropical flavored fruit candy. Feels kinda girly and a little hokey.

TV Studios for foreign broadcasters in Copacabana Beach

WfxE1Vo.jpg

5cyIVwC.jpg

yx1JKnQ.jpg

From Rio's Zoo

112_1654-alt-tatuaberto1.jpg

Isn't it cute?

People in Rio starts to decorate the streets of the city

RIO317478.JPG

RIO317489.JPG

RIO317480.JPG

RIO317473.JPG

foto8.jpg

img_0380.jpg

913231-copa20do20mundo20decoracao_-10.jp

Not only in Rio...

This is Manaus

fup20140513057.jpg

Santos, where I live

1.382219.1401236991.jpg

Look at this picture:
article-2640591-1E3A33E100000578-635_634
Any "serious" press will first investigate why the grass is like that before releasing any note.
But these people here act differently. Look what they did:

Now let me explain why I quoted this. Green Leaf, the company contracted by FIFA who installed and makes maintenance of the grass in WC stadiums, are planting "winter" grass seeds at the Maracana. To fixate the seeds, they need sand. They are not doing this because the grass is sick or because there are holes in the field. They are doing this for Maracanã to have the best grass in the next month, where temperatures tend to lower in Rio de Janeiro. They are agronomists, not amateurs. If they said the procedure takes three days, I believe them, what for the newspaper would be "a miracle".

Just a question to anyone from FIFA, LOC or the government and they had this answer. That's what a serious reporter should do before releasing something. But he chose to attack Brazil, influencing newspaper readers.

Now let's see where he came from... UK!

Sorry people, I have to say something.

Bezzi, your last comment, you know as well as I do, that will only create arguing and flame wars. Please stop with the England/UK calling, whenever it's news. It's from Daily Mail, but stop pointing out the Country. When I post StadiumDB, I don't say where did this come from, Poland. So please stop with the Country calling. It's getting boring, pathetic and silly.

Anyway, I'm glad preparations are ready, can't wait for Thursday 12th June 2014.

Sorry people, I have to say something.

Bezzi, your last comment, you know as well as I do, that will only create arguing and flame wars. Please stop with the England/UK calling, whenever it's news. It's from Daily Mail, but stop pointing out the Country. When I post StadiumDB, I don't say where did this come from, Poland. So please stop with the Country calling. It's getting boring, pathetic and silly.

Anyway, I'm glad preparations are ready, can't wait for Thursday 12th June 2014.

...and you wasted one of your three daily allowed comment replies on this?
  • Like 1

Will those street paper decorations last thru June and July??

Sometimes they last months... Specially when Brazil wins the World Cup.

Not a big fan of the brand. Euro 2012 did a much better job on it. For me it's just a bunch of vector artwork randomly superposed here and there. It's acceptable, though.

Where are the Brazilian studios?

SporTV has rented the Fiscal Island, at Guanabara Bay, to be its headquarters, according to this http://kogut.oglobo.globo.com/noticias-da-tv/coluna/noticia/2014/01/sportv-tera-estudio-na-ilha-fiscal-durante-copa.html. It will also have studios in each of the 12 host cities.

5114880508_7c81ce401e_z.jpg

And didn't find any details about Globo.

Globo will use the "World Cup Headquarters" studio inside their News Department building

2650748.jpg

But, it's possible to use the local news studios to show the city in Rio...

bom-dia-rio.jpg

or in Sao Paulo...

img-536320-flavia-freire-e-carlos-tramon

sportvcopa2.png

How can SporTV dare to show the "hell-polluted" Guanabara Bay in the background of its studios???

Os Gêmeos Designs Brazil's Airplane for the World Cup

To celebrate the excitement of the upcoming 2014 World Cup, identical twin brothers and graffiti artists Gustavo and Otavio Pandolfo, aka Os Gêmeos, recently finished painting the exterior of Brazil national team's airplane. The soccer team will climb aboard the mobile work of art and travel around the country in style this summer as Brazil hosts the annual competition.

The brothers took just one week and used 1,200 spray paint cans to complete the collection of portraits along the surface of the aircraft's body while the wings were painted a solid gray for safety reasons. The soccer fans—intended to represent the people of Brazil—are crowded together to cheer on their team in a fantastic display of the country's enthusiasm for the sport.

Os Gêmeos explains that it's "an airplane transformed into a work of art to transport the Brazilian people and the Brazilian national soccer team, placing art in people's lives and taking our characters to the clouds."

The project was completed in collaboration with Gol/9ine, who will continue to use the Boeing 737 for two years once the World Cup is over.

1066992365.jpeg

1066992375.jpeg

1066992434.png