3) Croatia - 3 Points.

4) Cameroon - 0 Points.

Group B:

1) Holland - 9 Points.

2) Spain - 6 Points.

3) Australia - 3 Points.

4) Chile - 0 Points.

Group C:

1) Colombia - 7 Points. (Better Goal Difference).

2) Japan - 7 Points.

3) Ivory Coast - 3 Points.

4) Greece - 0 Points.

Group D:

1) England - 9 Points. (Not Bias, I believe we will shock a few people, let's wait and see).

2) Uruguay - 4 Points. (Better Goal Difference).

3) Italy - 4 Points.

4) Costa Rica - 0 Points.

Group E:

1) France - 9 Points.

2) Switzerland - 6 Points.

3) Ecuador - 1 Point. (Better Goal Difference).

4) Honduras - 1 Point.

Group F:

1) Argentina - 9 Points.

2) Nigeria - 6 Points.

3) Bosnia and Herzegovina - 1 Point. (Better Goal Difference).

4) Iran - 1 Point.

Group G:

1) Germany - 9 Points.

2) Portugal - 6 Points.

3) Ghana - 1 Point. (Better Goal Difference).

4) United States of America - 1 Point.

Group H:

1) Belgium - 9 Points.

2) South Korea - 6 Points.

3) Russia - 3 Points.

4) Algeria - 0 Points.

Round of 16 Ties:

- Brazil VS Spain - Mineirao, Belo Horizonte.

- Holland VS Mexico - Castelao, Fortaleza.

- Colombia VS Uruguay - Maracana, Rio de Janeiro.

- England VS Japan - Arena Pernambuco, Recife.

- France VS Nigeria - National Stadium, Brasilia.

- Argentina VS Switzerland - Arena Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo.

- Germany VS South Korea - Stadium Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre.

- Belgium VS Portugal - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.

I think it won't be a surprise England to be eliminated in the group stage.
Uruguay and Italy are the hot teams in this death group for me.

I do think Russia will make Round of 16 also.

If I would make a crazy bet it would be Bosnia making Round of 16...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

I think the English are like the Russians in hockey today. Strong tradition, but little recent success on the biggest stage.

Well England has only ever won one thing. Russia is a very decorated country in hockey at the senior level.

Group A

1. Brazil

2. Croatia

3. Cameroon

4. Mexico

Group B

1. Netherlands

2. Chile

3. Spain

4. Australia

Group C

1. Colombia

2. Cote d'Ivoire

3. Japan

4. Greece

Group D

1. Italy

2. Uruguay

3. England

4. Costa Rica

Group E

1. France

2. Ecuador

3. Switzerland

4. Honduras

Group F

1. Argentina

2. Bosnia

3. Korea

4. Iran

Group G

1. Germany

2. Ghana

3. Portugal

4. USA

Group H

1. Korea

2. Belgium

3. Russia

4. Algeria

Well England has only ever won one thing. Russia is a very decorated country in hockey at the senior level.

Yeah, but they haven't won any recent Olympic or World Cup tournaments. Sure, they do well in the world championships, but we both know that tournament is a joke.

Whoa, the Dutch and Koreans to win their groups??? Spain not making it out of the first phase??Those are some bold predictions. I think the Dutch are going to repeat their Euro 2012 flop and will not get past the Belgians and Russians.

My picks

A) Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon

B) Spain, Chile, Netherlands, Australia

C) Colombia, Greece, Cote D'Ivoire, Japan

D) Uruguay, Italy, England, Costa Rica

E) Ecuador, France, Switzerland, Honduras

F) Argentina, Nigeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran

G) Germany, Portugal, USA, Ghana

H) Belgium, Russia, South Korea, Algeria

Round of 16

Brazil over Chile

Italy over Colombia

Ecuador over Nigeria

Germany over Russia

Spain over Mexico

Uruguay over Greece

Argentina over France

Belgium over Portugal

Quarterfinals

Brazil over Italy

Germany over Ecuador

Spain over Uruguay

Argentina over Belgium

Semifinals

Brazil over Germany

Argentina over Spain

Third Place

Germany over Spain

Final

Argentina over Brazil

Brilliant Arena Amazonia! Honestly Danny, I'm happy that England's first game is in Manaus.

You might. It'll be special to play a World Cup match in the middle of Amazon Forest. This will be history.

Final

Argentina over Brazil

A match with this score will never end.

I agree mostly with BTHarner. Netherlands could be a negative surprise again. I expect France to win their group but agree that Ecuador could surprise and qualify over Switzerland. Not so sure about Greece though, I expect Japan to advance behind Colombia. Group D is tricky, Uruguay is aging but Suarez alone could do miracles. Italy is normally strong but sometimes underachieves, England under Hodgson isn't dynamic and is playing in harsh conditions, still the team is most likely hard to beat. Costa Rica won't advance but could snap a point or two and thus have an impact on who qualifies. Croatia is maybe stronger than Mexico who nevertheless always qualify from the first round and then gets eliminated and now they are also playing in Latin America.

I do hope one day this will end, specially against Brazilian players.
alves28apr14-472815.jpg
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27183851

Barcelona's Dani Alves reacted to having a banana thrown at him during Sunday's dramatic 3-2 win at Villarreal by peeling it and then taking a bite.[/size]
"We have suffered this in Spain for some time. You have to take it with a dose of humour," Alves said.
Alves has been a regular target of racist abuse during his 12 years in Spain with both Sevilla and Barcelona.
In January 2013, he
complained of racist abuse following a Copa del Rey semi-final match against Real Madrid.

Dani Alves, brilliant! It's time to move on about racism!
After the incident, Neymar, Brazil international, wrote a twitter saying "We are all monkeys, so what?"

ng3202046.jpg

This is not Europe-exclusive, last month a player from Gremio got monkey insults during a Libertadores Cup match in Peru.

#weareallmonkeys so what?
#somostodosmacacos

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

I don't think so.We won't be able to go to next round.

To be honest I don't know much about Japan's team but they did well in South Africa and are Asian champions. I don't have much faith in African teams and Japan's speed and skill could work well against Greece as South Korea showed four years ago.

With Colombia, Japan, Cote d'Ivoire and Greece. CIV is not as strong as they were in the last 8 years. Colombia had a strong qualification but that usually doesn't translate to a good World Cup. Greece will park a bus or two in front of goal and hope for the best. Japan could get through.

Are the British crazy?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2619690/Amazing-confession-World-Cup-security-chief-FA-freaking-safety-Rio.html

Amazing confession of World Cup security chief: 'FA is freaking out over safety in Rio'

Mr Conniford told his colleague that a nine-mile trip between the squad’s training base in a military camp at Sao Joao Fort in Urca in the shadow of Sugarloaf mountain and the hotel had taken him two hours.

First, why then they chosen a Hotel so "far" from Training Venue, if Copacabana (and its hundreds of hotels) is just 5 minutes driving from the Sao Joao Fort?

Secondly, if I drive from Sao Conrado 2 hours, probably I will leave the state of Rio de Janeiro. This speech is so absurd that became a joke here in Brazil. Of course, at rush hour, things get really slow, specially in Rio, but during the World Cup, it will be school vacations and many companies are planning to give vacations to employees, not to mention Rio will have holidays in the days of matches... Which kind of advisors FA hired?

The host cities for England’s first games – Manaus, Sao Paolo and Belo Horizonte – are plagued by robberies, murders and muggings.

First, there is no "Sao Paolo", it's Sao Paulo, we don't speak Italian in Brazil.

Then, there are robberies, murders and muggings all around the world. With tons of security guards around team buses, they are really worried about muggings?

The violence shows no sign of abating. One person was shot dead on Friday as Rio police clashed with armed men in a favela close to the England hotel.

The murder rate in Rio was 55/100,000 habitants in 2009 when Rio won the Olympic Race and now it's 32/100,000 habitants. Any 6-year boy can do the math better than Daily Mail, it seems.

Mr Conniford’s comments – coming just a month before the tournament kicks off – raise serious question marks over the FA’s decision to base themselves in central Rio. England’s hotel, the ageing Royal Tulip, is rated by travel website TripAdvisor as only the 93rd best in the city.

All I can say is British media is already preparing excuses to a possible elimination.

This article is nuts at all!

This is the view from England hotel in Rio... I'm sure they seemed to be more interested about tourism than playing a World when they chosen the hotel...

royal-tulip-rio-de-janeiro.jpg

And that's England home during the World Cup

Royal_Tulip_hotel_1832894a.jpg

Edited by DannyelBrazil

At the other point, an American journalist who live in Brazil for a decade already, writing to Aljazeera, was right to the point.

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/blog/americas/world-cup-host-will-be-ready-end

World Cup host will be ready in the end

Brazil has an uncanny way of making big events work... in the end, but the tough moment will come after the World Cup.

The question I am most often asked over the past couple years is, "Will Brazil be ready for the World Cup?" I've stuck to my stock answer: "Depends what your definition of 'ready' is?"

But we are where we are now. And I suspect if history is any indication, Brazil will be "ready" to host the football tournament.

Barring any more unforeseen tragedies or mishaps, the stadiums I bet will all get done, albeit with little time to spare. Three remain partially unfinished.

The airports won't be Chennai or even O'Hare, but they'll be able to get people from point A to point B to point C and back and most, but not all, will be much better than they were in 2007.

But there are some lessons. Primarily, that Brazil has an uncanny way of making big events work… in the end.

Be sure, I'm not proud of this karma of Brazil doing things at last moment, I only posted it as a more realistic picture of the entire thing here in Brazil.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

IMG_4955.jpg

Copacabana Beach and Copacabana district on the left and Sao João Fort on the bottom part of the picture.

England will have the most scenic Training venue of (maybe) all World Cup ever held.

PS: Those waters on the right side and in the bottom are the ones of Guanabara Bay to be used in the Olympic Games.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

As I told before, the report became a matter of joke among Brazilian journalists

Just ignore it. It's the Daily Fail trying to sell panic. Not even the most crazy british individual would give them credibility. I hope...

Probably Tony will say something about it and I wouldn't be suprised if he backs the report.

Brazil's World Cup squad

Goalkeepers: Júlio César (Toronto FC), Jéfferson (Botafogo), Victor (Grêmio).

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Roma), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Napoli).

Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Oscar (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Internazionale), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk).

Forwards: Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Barcelona), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Jô (Atlético Mineiro).

There was something on the news the other day about a death near the Maracana, apparently Riots. Not saying it's true, just telling you.

Sorry, but didn't you see the Images on that report?

Sorry, but didn't you see the Images on that report?

There was something on the news the other day about a death near the Maracana, apparently Riots.

So London looks freightening to me...

pallot.uk.police.riots.cnn.640x360.jpg

Tony. that's what I call file footage.

Rio do have riots or/and violence, will have them for some/long time, because it's a big city in an developing country with a lot of challenge to solve. But, this does not means Rio is a war zone like British media is selling...

And English FA shouldn't be freaking out about Rio... Last year, when English team spent a week in Rio for a friendly, nothing happened to any English, nor Brazilian... nor NOBODY.

Edited by DannyelBrazil