• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "international" Rio And one of our dangerous neighbors: They are all welcome!

- Did you say fruit, candy or girl?

Subway in Rio with decoration for the World Cup

Call me conservative, but I don't like the video-judge thing, still, I'm favourable to 5 referees like Brazilian Championships already have.

Me too. Offside needs video judge and alert system IMO(ex. players think the goal was clearly offside but referee judged No. 2 chances to claim in 1 match for example). Players who committed very doubtful dives and very vicious fouls should be punished strictly afterward...by giving more days of banned.For freekick we may see ordinarily see the spray soon all over the world. For corner kicks and throw ins,no need to use videos.

BTW Blatter has been suggesting to introduce sin-bin system to reduce bad simulations -_- .

Tend to agree with Danny and Palette. If a panel of pundits can watch a video reply of somethig from 5 angles in slow motion and still disagree amongst themselves, what good is video technology going to do? I could see it working for offside decisions, but not for fouls, dives etc.

I think the Premier League is the only league in the World that uses goal-line technology at the moment. We use a system called Hawkeye which uses cameras mounted in the stadium (the same system used at Wimbledon for line-calls). The system used in the World Cup will be different, using microchips embedded in the footballs instead.

Nevertheless, for those of you who haven't seen it before, here's what goaline technology looks like...(sorry about the video quality)

http://youtu.be/Pa1UhWCYdQk?t=6m16s

Edited by Rob.

Just Googled it and we're both wrong Danny! :lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130402/fifa-goalcontrol-goal-line-system.ap/

I thought Brazil 2014 was using the German GoalRef system which uses microchips in the balls but they're not, and nor are they using the British Hawkeye system which is used in the Premier League

Instead, what we've got is a different German system called GoalControl which, like Hawkeye, uses cameras.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

Rob, It's the first time we agree to each other "you are wrong" lol

Brazilian, German. WRONG!! It's Taiwanese technology!

Danny, NOT everything comes from Brazil!! Sheesh.

I never claimed Brazilians invented goal line technology...

We have more important things to do like scoring goals...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

I'm open to technology, but only to check the most decisive of calls:

a) if a ball fully passed through the goal-line

B) awarding penalty kick yes or no

There should be a challenge system to avoid abuse of this, like, both teams can make a limited amount of challenges to the referee's decisions and if they are wrong, they lose their challenge possibility for the rest of the game, pretty much like in Tennis or Field Hockey.

Not really. That's Russian corruption -- not the IOC's corruption.

Why do you think they have chosen Sochi? Don't you think there is some money involved in making this decision. Sochi is not really a winter-wonderland. It has a sub-tropical climate with palmtrees. Okay, there is a ski-resort 60 Km away but that's all.

Everyone knows that Russia and corruption go hand in hand and the IOC have put this event in the hands of these people. You wouldn't do that if you wouldn't benefit from it, one way or another. Not to mention the humar rights issue. I think it's naive to think that the IOC is clean. But that's just me..

Pitbull's 'We Are One (Ole, Ola)' Featuring Jennifer Lopez, Claudia Leitte Named FIFA'S Official World Cup Song

FIFA and Sony Music today named "We Are One” by Pitbull featuring Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte the official anthem for the 2014 tournament, which kicks off June 12 in Sao Paulo.The song will be performed at the Opening Ceremony at the Arena de Sao Paulo.

“We Are One (Ole Ola)” will debut ahead of the World Cup, and will be included on the upcoming “Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Album" which will be released by Sony. A video is currently being filmed for the song.

FIFA General Secretary Jérôme Valcke noted in a statement the significance of Leitte. “In my many visits to this country I’ve seen and heard a lot about the great Brazilian music tradition and it gives me great pleasure to see a Brazilian artist at the heart of this song. I’m sure, like me, millions of football and music fans all over the world will be eagerly awaiting the song’s release.”

While Lopez spoke about her soccer background. "I grew up in a house that loved futbol," she said, "so I am thrilled to be performing at the World Cup Opening Ceremonies with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte."

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/global/5884960/pitbulls-we-are-one-ole-ola-featuring-jennifer-lopez-claudia-leitte

How is smashing things going to help the reason they are protesting. They are protesting because of poverty, well smashing things up will cost the economy more, in a vicious circle.