2014 World Cup News

Bezzi

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny, what do u think of this??

39432320100716174302.jpg

Meanwhile dutch supporters have time to make jokes about a ordinary victory over Brazil, we are cleaning the five starts of our jersey...

(old, but good one)

This is Manaus, home of tarantulas, snakes and maybe dinosaurs as pointed by British Media. A city of 1 million people (more than 90% of the towns and villages in England).

What to expected more from the media in North? To claim Corcovado is actually a volcano that will erupt exactly in june?

Porto-de-Manaus-vista-a%C3%A9rea.jpg

A86-6433-049.jpg

I'm wondering how snake would survive in the middle of highways, avenues and building... Let me check the Britannica Encyclopedia...

He won't because the problems Brazil and Rio face are not the international media's fault.

Of course, our problems are not International media fault... The real ones...

The ones foreign journalists invent or maximize to surreal status like a "Zoo city where snakes runs in highways with cars" are really their fault.

Curious fact: Manaus is one of the most greenless capitals of the north

Curious fact: Foreigners here does not give a damn about curious facts. They'd rather blurred visions of "exotic" countries.

"There are 55,000 deaths every year from the illness, though vaccines reduce the risk of dying.
There are around 100 million cases of dengue every year and there is no vaccine for it, with symptoms taking around two weeks to clear up."

Amazing how Manaus survived as a city and grew up to reach 1 million people, to become one of the top-10 richest cities in Brazil and Amazonas got 4th in the ranking of biggest industrial states of the country.
British media just look like a spoiled child.

Danny, it's just what the British media do. They did it to India (justifiably), they did it to South Africa, they even did it to Canada. TBH, I think they're just trying to protect London 2012, to make sure nobody in this country thinks any other country has bettered us (or before 2012, to set the perceived bar low). That, and negativity sells newspapers, not to mention what our media think of FIFA. You'll be fine :)

TBH, I think they're just trying to protect London 2012, to make sure nobody in this country thinks any other country has bettered us

LOL, because the media were sooooo gentle with London 2012 weren't they!

As I've said countless times before on this forum, we have the best and the worst journalists in the world in this country, and the most vociferous press. In exposing FIFA's crooks, reporting on Delhi, keeping London 2012 to account this has been a good thing. But elements of our press are a law unto themselves.

Spain choose Caju as WCup base

Spain have chosen Atletico Paranaense's Caju training centre in the south of Brazil as their base for next year's World Cup as they prepare to retain the trophy they won in South Africa.

"Caju in Curitiba will be the headquarters at the World Cup," said a Spanish federation spokesperson.

Mild temperatures at the Alfredo Gottardi Centre, known locally as Caju, attracted Spain to Curitiba even though they have to play matches in heat and humidity, including their opening game against the Netherlands in Salvador on June 13.

They will also face Chile and Australia in Group B.

The facilities at Caju include eight full-size football pitches, a thermal swimming pool and gym.

Spain, who won the World Cup for the first time in 2010 by beating the Dutch, were well beaten by hosts Brazil in this year's Confederations Cup final.

The experience of playing in the country warned them off choosing a base in the north with higher temperatures.

As well as lifting the World Cup, Spain have also won the last two European Championship titles in 2008 and 2012.

Reuters

http://www.supersport.com/football/spain/news/131211/Holders_Spain_choose_Caju_as_WCup_base

/\/\ Interesting. Thanks, Joe. Good job. But may I suggest that those distances will mean nothing by 2018. I suggest you start working on your figures for 2018. Compare it to the "ridiculous" journey of the current Sochi 2014 Torch relay.

Yeah, Russia 2018 will be ridiculous, distance-wise. But that will be compensated in 2022, when the players can crawl from one venue to the other :)

Hey guys,

I was looking at the distances each team has to cover during the world cup, and i thought it would be fun to make a video about it. I would like to share it with you.

Our national team is going to stay in our camp base most of time.So the team will move to a site and then go back to our base after a match...they'll repeat this.

Our national team is going to stay in our camp base most of time.So the team will move to a site and then go back to our base after a match...they'll repeat this.

I know. most teams will set up camp somewhere and travel back and forth. But that means that my estimates are minimum values. I've calculated venue to venue distances.

Sports Illustrated writer Grant Wahl estimated the distance USA has to cover to be 14268 Km during the group stage. They will set up camp in Sao Paulo and their matches will be in Natal, Manaus and Recife. So that makes three insane trips back and forth. I think the US should reconsider moving their basecamp in a Northern direction :D

Archived