2014 World Cup News

Bezzi

^^ Oh dear, didn't the last time The Simpsons traveled to Brazil caused a big polemic? (the episode called "Blame it on Lisa") I remember the episode got a huge negative feedback in Brazil and they even tried to sue Fox because they considered that episode as racist and inaccurate (stuff like Conga and Macarena being popular musics in Brazil, which they aren't) and making Brazil look like a shithole. I think that because of it, that episode is rarely if ever shown here in Latin America during transmissions of The Simpsons here. James L. Brook even had to make a public apology to the Brazilian government.

I honestly never saw that episode but I hope Brazil is better depicted in that episode and that it doesn't causes polemic again.

I loved that episode in Rio de Janeiro.

Stupid Brazilian politicians used that episode to show how they "defend" the country. Just this.

The episode was shown here and repeated several times, indeed, Globo used the episode in Rio to promote the return of Simpsons to the network.

The fact is: many people here in Brazil does not understand the humour in The Simpsons. The producers did the very same jokes with Canada, Australia, France, India, China...

It's somehow the usual joke with the very blurred vision Americans have about the rest of the World. Some scenes looked so absurd that can be only one more good Simpsons' joke...

To cast one example, they showed Rio de Janeiro full of monkeys in the streets. It's pretty much absurd humour. And the scene claims that, since it is impossible to exist a huge city with monkeys walking in the streets and attacking people... Or a city where, instead of buses, people uses "conga-lines" to get anywhere...

I laughed a lot.

And I'm anxious with the next Simpsons episode in Brazil.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhmmm...you promised me first, Danny! And I can personally deliver a copy of my book to you!! :D;)

You have been nice to Brazil lately. I don't need to bring you here to see how stupid are some arguments towards the country in the forums.

Your book is still on my plans. Maybe you can sign it personally to me in Rio in 2016 and we can take a picture together, in Copacabana Beach.

Your book is still on my plans. Maybe you can sign it personally to me in Rio in 2016 and we can take a picture together, in Copacabana Beach.

I'd like that very much.

Ya know, a group of us are planning to go -- but we need someone to get us a flat w/ maybe at least 3 bedrooms in a good part of town. Maybe it's time to start looking??

I'd like that very much.

Ya know, a group of us are planning to go -- but we need someone to get us a flat w/ maybe at least 3 bedrooms in a good part of town. Maybe it's time to start looking??

I think it's too early because of the World Cup and also because in part most of hotels of Rio are still in renovations.

Just after the World Cup, I think, it'll be perfect time for it.

^^ Oh dear, didn't the last time The Simpsons traveled to Brazil caused a big polemic? (the episode called "Blame it on Lisa") I remember the episode got a huge negative feedback in Brazil and they even tried to sue Fox because they considered that episode as racist and inaccurate (stuff like Conga and Macarena being popular musics in Brazil, which they aren't) and making Brazil look like a shithole. I think that because of it, that episode is rarely if ever shown here in Latin America during transmissions of The Simpsons here. James L. Brook even had to make a public apology to the Brazilian government.

I honestly never saw that episode but I hope Brazil is better depicted in that episode and that it doesn't causes polemic again.

I agree with what Mr. Danny said. I enjoyed that episode very much. I didn't laugh, tho. But only because I don't find Simpsons as funny as it was in the past.

Btw, the almighty Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, the people's joy, will be on a episode of Simpsons, a site revealed this some time ago.

889,305 tickets allocated during the random selection draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup

A total of 889,305 tickets were allocated to people from 188 countries during the random selection draw for the first phase of ticket sales for the 2014 FIFA World Cup™. 71.5% of tickets were sold to Brazilian residents, while 28.5% went to fans from other countries. Out of all tickets made available for sale, in compliance with the General World Cup Bill (LEI Nº 12.663, Lei Copa), FIFA offered a total of 342,740 tickets in category 4 to fans resident in Brazil, with priority given to students, individuals over the age of 60 and participants of the federal social welfare programme. As demand from the priority groups was less than the available inventory, 216,618 tickets went to those entitled for discounts in Brazil. All applicants for the 6.2 million requested tickets will be informed by 10 November 2013 at the latest whether they have been successful or not, either by e-mail or SMS.

Outside the host country Brazil (625,276 tickets), the highest number of tickets drawn was for residents of the United States (66,646), followed by England (22,257), Germany (18,019), Australia (15,401), Canada (13,507), France (11,628), Colombia (11,326), Switzerland (8,082), Japan (5,021) and Argentina (4,493). The most popular venue-specific series ticket packages were for Rio de Janeiro (94,500), Brasilia (48,540) and São Paulo (46,916).

The next sales window will start again exclusively via FIFA.com on 11 November at 12.00 CET/09.00 BRT (Brasilia time), and will remain open until 28 November at 12.00 CET/09.00 BRT. About 228,959 tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis. It is expected that the tickets will be sold very quickly. No further tickets will be available in this sales window for the opening match in São Paulo, the final in Maracanã, Brazil’s group-stage matches and the round of 16 in Belo Horizonte as well as the two semi-final matches in Belo Horizonte and São Paulo, which were the most highly oversubscribed games. Please note that during the first two sales windows only one million tickets are made available.

Further tickets for all 64 matches will be made available after the Final Draw when the second sales phase will kick off on 8 December 2013, once the final match schedule for the group stage matches is known.

FIFA

What the ****? we were 3rd in requests and they only give 4.000 tickets for us????????

Did we have extreme bad luck in a draw or FIFA just wants to **** our fans???? Canada gets 13k, Australia gets 15k... this got to be a fucking joke!

Here is the success rate of each country over requests done, very suspicious: https://twitter.com/verito_rap/status/397769099473719296/photo/1

I really doubt this was a "draw", I think they probably rigged it to give the most tickets to english/canadian/american/australians because they are the tourists that spend the most money. Fucking racist FIFA.

Seems their masterplan to **** Argentina up has kicked off, next step is probably rigging the draw.

Maybe the requests of the argentineans focused on games with great demand as the final. We still don't know where the teams will play, but there is a ticket "team specific", but this ticket is more expensive because it includes 7 matches and the purchaser should consider spending on airline tickets and accommodation. The argentineans have a good opportunity to follow the world cup closely but people from other countries with higher purchasing power can order more expensive tickets. Maybe that explains something. FIFA has to comment this matter.

lol, LDOG I believe most argentinians choose to apply for cat3 tickets and those are the most disputed tickets. Just like Brazilians did. Richer countries should get a better success rate because the most pricey tickets have less demand.

Also, FIFA warned that you gotta keep your CC limit available. We don't know how many argentinians won the lottery but the CC wasn't valid / had the limit expired.

OTOH FIFA delayed the announcement because they were forced by a law to have an external auditory on the whole process.

Didn't saw Mr. Bezzi's post.

More: the tickets are being sold in US Dollars. Are all Argentines are allowed to spend in this currency in credit cars or are there any restrictions, LDOG?

I know there is restrictions to buy the currency in paper...

Maybe this can explain part of the low-rate of assigned tickets to Argentines.

Seems their masterplan to **** Argentina up has kicked off, next step is probably rigging the draw.

All I have to say to more crying from Argentines is: "Don't cry for me Argentina..." :P

If World Cup is so bad to you guys, why keep participating? Tired of excuses from you for every single Argentina loss, some even before the ball rolling...

What the ****? we were 3rd in requests and they only give 4.000 tickets for us????????

Did we have extreme bad luck in a draw or FIFA just wants to **** our fans???? Canada gets 13k, Australia gets 15k... this got to be a fucking joke!

Here is the success rate of each country over requests done, very suspicious: https://twitter.com/verito_rap/status/397769099473719296/photo/1

I really doubt this was a "draw", I think they probably rigged it to give the most tickets to english/canadian/american/australians because they are the tourists that spend the most money. Fucking racist FIFA.

Too bad Argentina. Only 4000 tickets for you is still unbelievable. :wacko: Japan has been given 5000 but it's probably ok for us. It's really too far to travel to south hemisphere from my country. And the students can't go there 'cause they have to attend classes at junior or high school or university. Once again,this is too bad to you. FIFA executed malicia more than 6 months before WC.

More: the tickets are being sold in US Dollars. Are all Argentines are allowed to spend in this currency in credit cars or are there any restrictions, LDOG?

I know there is restrictions to buy the currency in paper...

Maybe this can explain part of the low-rate of assigned tickets to Argentines.

Restrictions are to buy, not to spend. See this article, argentines are spending more money when they travel by using credit card, that allows them to bypass controls: http://www.ambito.com/noticia.asp?id=678335

Wealthy argentines pretty surely can buy tickets (after all, it's not the regular working class that goes to world cup), barras also will get their tickets bought by their clubs.

If they can't afford it, then why sign up on the first place?

Restrictions are to buy, not to spend. See this article, argentines are spending more money when they travel by using credit card, that allows them to bypass controls: http://www.ambito.com/noticia.asp?id=678335

Wealthy argentines pretty surely can buy tickets (after all, it's not the regular working class that goes to world cup), barras also will get their tickets bought by their clubs.

If they can't afford it, then why sign up on the first place?

I was expecting more Argentines in the stadiums here, still, I'm sure there will be some Argentine invasion in Brazil anyway

I loved that episode in Rio de Janeiro.

Stupid Brazilian politicians used that episode to show how they "defend" the country. Just this.

The episode was shown here and repeated several times, indeed, Globo used the episode in Rio to promote the return of Simpsons to the network.

The fact is: many people here in Brazil does not understand the humour in The Simpsons. The producers did the very same jokes with Canada, Australia, France, India, China...

It's somehow the usual joke with the very blurred vision Americans have about the rest of the World. Some scenes looked so absurd that can be only one more good Simpsons' joke...

To cast one example, they showed Rio de Janeiro full of monkeys in the streets. It's pretty much absurd humour. And the scene claims that, since it is impossible to exist a huge city with monkeys walking in the streets and attacking people... Or a city where, instead of buses, people uses "conga-lines" to get anywhere...

I laughed a lot.

And I'm anxious with the next Simpsons episode in Brazil.

I do remember the Simpsons Australia episode well with everybody even the Aborigines and kangaroos and koalas angrily chasing after the family at one point. And apparently drinking only Foster's-like beer (no coffee) with then-PM Paul Keating lying on a life raft with beer in his hand. I knew a few Australians who did not like that episode, and when I first saw that, I knew it would upset some Aussies, while validating the "Ugly Americanism" when we go. You're right, Danny. Does capture the blurred ignorance lots of Americans have about the rest of the world but The Simpsons team does it in a absurdist and satirical manner, which the show is really satirizing comptemporary American life and culture.

(Cristian) Ronal-D'OH! Loved that 2010 Nike Write The Future World Cup conmercial.

^^

There are three types of tickets. "Individual ticket", where you buy without knowing which team will see since the draw will take place only in December. "Venue Specific", which includes all games from a particular city. And "Team Specific", which includes all seven games from one team. If the team is eliminated, the ticket is valid for the team who won the last match. As the USA were already qualified when sales started, it's likely that the majority of tickets purchased by the americans are team specific.

Too bad Argentina. Only 4000 tickets for you is still unbelievable. :wacko: Japan has been given 5000 but it's probably ok for us. It's really too far to travel to south hemisphere from my country. And the students can't go there 'cause they have to attend classes at junior or high school or university. Once again,this is too bad to you. FIFA executed malicia more than 6 months before WC.

Speaking of tickets, FIFA pronounced today on the number of tickets allocated to the argentineans. The reasons were the large number of requests for Porto Alegre, the closest venue to Argentina. The other reason given was lack of funds on the credit card informed in the purchase.

Speaking of tickets, FIFA pronounced today on the number of tickets allocated to the argentineans. The reasons were the large number of requests for Porto Alegre, the closest venue to Argentina. The other reason given was lack of funds on the credit card informed in the purchase.

What a dumbasses we are lol

BTW could you give me link to the article, press release, whatever of fifa pronouncing about that? I can't find info on fifa site.

It makes sense...

Still, I predict cities like Rio or Sao Paulo will be full of Argentines sleeping in their old Renaults in the streets... :P

BTW could you give me link to the article, press release, whatever of fifa pronouncing about that? I can't find info on fifa site.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/programas/sportv-news/noticia/2013/11/argentinos-tiveram-poucos-ingressos-por-falta-de-limite-no-cartao-diz-fifa.html

It makes sense...

Still, I predict cities like Rio or Sao Paulo will be full of Argentines sleeping in their old Renaults in the streets... :P

Yeah, I hope the riots during cup aren't too big or they may have problems with accommodation. Maybe they can become friends with them and paint some graffiti together, since we are kings of that according to you.

Archived