2014 World Cup News

Bezzi

I liked it!!! It's a bit "Unilever-logo" style, but it got really nice.

I don't think 92% conclusion means ready buddy. They'll come up with random things to excuse their delays and failures. Esse e o meu Brasil xD . But if works speed up a little from now that could be accomplished .

This number refers to the Corinthians plan... The World Cup plan will be easily reach 100%, just check the pics.

Then, after the World Cup, the stadium will be in works again: to reduce capacity and reach what Corinthians wants for its usage, and this will be 8% of the total works...

I'm getting really tired of the British press.

PS: Look, I'm here being defensive about Sao Paulo (according to some, I have childish rivalry to the city I'm everyday and worse, being defensive about Corinthians, the club I hate most in the planet);

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked it!!! It's a bit "Unilever-logo" style, but it got really nice.

That is exactly what i thought. But it's stylish and well done

The city posters are very different tough, don't know if i like it. They don't have the same style, some are abstract, some are expressionistic, impressionistic etc etc. Not one particular style, makes it a bit messy. But it's hard to pick a favorite. I think i'm going with Porto Alegre's.

• 3 weeks later...

FIFA to introduce biological passports for every player at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil

Every footballer at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil will be required to have a biological passport, the sport's world governing body FIFA announced on Friday.

FIFA intends to introduce the system of biological profiling at this year's Confederations Cup in Brazil, as part of the worldwide crackdown on doping in sport and it should be fully operational by the next World Cup.

A delegation from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) met FIFA officials at their Zurich headquarters on Thursday, and WADA president John Fahey said his agency was "very satisfied with the commitment of FIFA on the biological profiles''.

Biological profiling, as used in cycling, is considered one of the most effective methods of detecting the use of performance-enhancing drugs and blood boosters like EPO.

EPO was first tested for by FIFA at the 2002 World Cup where all players had to undergo urine and blood testing and, whenever the results were abnormal, an EPO test was performed. All results were negative.

FIFA is also developing the hormonal profiling project, a new initiative in collaboration with the WADA-accredited laboratory in Switzerland.

"There is always more which can be done in the fight against doping, but we know FIFA has always been serious in this domain,'' Fahey said.

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/fifa-to-introduce-biological-passports-for-every-player-at-the-2014-fifa-world-cup-in-brazil/story-e6frfkp9-1226579208580

Coca-Cola unveiled Brazilian campaign for FIFA World Cup in Brazil

"The whole World Cup!!!" (free translation)

There are CC in English, just press CC button!

("winner or losers" and show a guy with an Argentine flag... hahahaha brillant)

FORMER CIRQUE DU SOLEIL'S FRANCO DRAGONE TO CREATE BRAZIL 2014 WC CEREMONIES

soleil.jpg

He also produced the EURO 2000 shows

News in portuguese only: http://www.olhardireto.com.br/noticias/exibir.asp?noticia=Ex-diretor_do_Cirque_du_Soleil_vai_criar_as_festas_de_abertura_e_encerramento_da_Copa&id=304891

• 3 weeks later...
Arena Grêmio opens despite being snubbed for 2014 World Cup
Monday, 10 December 2012
Arena_Grmio.jpg
By Tom Degun
December 10 - The magnificent new 60,000 capacity Arena Grêmio has opened in Porto Alegre in Brazil despite the fact that it was controversially overlooked for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The $289 million (£180 million/€224 million) Arena Grêmio (pictured top) is the first of 14 new stadiums being developed ahead of Brazil 2014 and it was inaugurated with home side Grêmio securing a 2-1 victory in a friendly over Bundesliga club Hamburg SV.
But following the match, club officials said they are still unsure as to why the venue will not be used for the World Cup, with FIFA instead opting to stage games at the nearby Beira-Rio Stadium which is owned by Grêmio's arch-rival Internacional.
The Beira-Rio Stadium (pictured below) is currently undergoing a $159 million (£99 million/€123 million) redevelopment and it is not expected to be completed before December 2013.
rsz_1rsz_beira-rio_stadium.jpg
"That (why the stadium will not be used for the World Cup) hasn't been explained to us," said Grêmio's vice-president Eduardo Antonini.
"We are the first stadium to be ready.
"This city is passionate about its football and instead the World Cup has gone to other places with less footballing tradition."
The Arena Grêmio is not the only new venue that has failed to make the World Cup list with Palmeiras' 45,000-seat stadium in São Paulo having a similar status.
Nevertheless, Grêmio's new home has received praise from Ronaldo, the Brazil 2014 member who led the country to victory at the 2002 World Cup.
"I've been in the best and most famous stadiums and the Arena is excellent," said Ronaldo, who is widely considered one of the best strikers in history.
"I've only seen stadiums like this in Europe and this is up there with the best in the world."
Experts believe that the Grêmio and Palmeiras' stadiums could be used as backup options by FIFA if any of the World Cup's 12 host venues fail to be ready on time.
"Nobody is talking about it but I think it (Arena Grêmio) is a Plan B," said Stochos sports marketing agency President Cesar Gualdani.
"The Palmeiras stadium too.
"If a World Cup stadium is not on time or has problems, they have these as alternatives."

I just saw a report in The Guardian with the headline: "Grêmio punished over fans 'avalanche' in 2014 World Cup stadium".

"...Several were injured..." "...One of the 2014 World Cup venues in Brazil will have to close its stands".

Most of the things are true, except for the fact that this stadium is NOT one of World Cup venues. Does the staff of The Guardian didn't know that?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/13/gremio-fan-avalanche-2014-world-cup

Sometimes I do think some English journalist have orgarms when some incident happens in Brazil...

At least we were never banned from International tournaments because of incidents in stadium where dozens were killed...

Tired of the bad will coming from British media...

British media are a joke every once in a while... And thinking that the Gremio Arena is one the venues for 2014 is just plain stupid. What was the writer of that piece thinking: "Oh, i see a big stadium in Brazil. Must be one of the venues for 2014 then". ?

British media are a joke every once in a while... And thinking that the Gremio Arena is one the venues for 2014 is just plain stupid. What was the writer of that piece thinking: "Oh, i see a big stadium in Brazil. Must be one of the venues for 2014 then". ?

They have lots to care about the thousand islands they have around the globe, not much time to check other geographical irrelevant information... :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Oh c'mon I really loved Waka waka. For Brazil I would prefere if they compose a mix of Portuguese and English for a worldwide reach. This song for Coca Cola is alright and I really like Gaby Amarantos, but what she's singing is just sounds too blah

Ana Costa did great on Rios Pan Ams with Viva Essa Energia song why not again? But Ivete Sangalo is super popular certainly it'd be a hit. I could think of Daniela Mercury as well. I think they'r gonna go with a Brazilian star with a pretty high beat festive song. It's brazil

Archived