Sverige v France + England v Ukraina (Group D -> Quarter Finals ?)

From wikipedia.

1. Ukraine; England

1. If Sweden's winning margin is at least 2 goals greater than Ukraine's OR
    2. If Sweden's winning margin is 1 goal greater than Ukraine's AND France do not score at least 2 goals more than England do.

France would have to mock things up really good to not get through. Same with Germany.

Uefa have opened disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association following England fans' behaviour in the win against Sweden.

The investigation surrounds an attempted invasion of the pitch,according to a statement on the European governing body's website.

England came from a goal down to seal a dramatic 3-2 win, and in the process eliminate Sweden from Euro 2012.

The Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body will discuss the matter on 20 June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18476818

Didn't see anything watching the match - certainly not a single fan actually got onto the pitch - but having Googled it it looked like about four people got over a wall onto the running track. Most pathetic pitch invasion of all time! :lol:

To give UEFA their dues though they are investigating every single incident at this Euros. So far the Russians, Croatians, Germans and Portuguese have been hit with fines or, in the case of the Russians, suspended points deductions. I'd imagine a pretty small fine will be given to the FA for this one.

Edited by RobH

Excellent, not only did we win but my prediction about France was way off! Which means they get to play Spain in the next round, not us.

Third tournament in a row (08, 10, 12) that the hosts haven't reached the knockout stages. Austria, Switzerland, South Africa, Poland, Ukraine....

I do feel sorry for Ukraine though! They played with a lot of heart and a decent goal was ruled out, which we English know all about to be honest. :unsure: It is gutting wondering what would have been as we found out in the World Cup. Hope they don't hate us! :( but I am happy we are through... I guess we ust have to learn to take the rough with the smooth ?

They played with a lot of heart and a decent goal was ruled out, which we English know all about to be honest.

A decent goal wasn't ruled out, the initial pass was definitely offside. The linesman missed the offside. and the fifth official then missed the ball going over the line. Two wrongs = a right in the end.

Edited by RobH

I had a great time watching the match England vs. Ukraine - Lee and I were in a special part of Hamburg, which is called "Schanzenviertel" - this quarter is full of pubs/restaurants/"in-shops" etc. etc. - very creative people - from everywhere of the world - and some leftist autonomous.

Sweden just didn't have the defensive strength to play a full 90 minutes.

So how come they beat France 2-0 then?

France didn't play well against Sweden, like if they were really calmed with that result!!

Italy-England what a great match will be... All I wanna say is "I want France to beat Spain!!!!"

All I wanna say is "I want France to beat Spain!!!!"

I second that. But I say that out of fear -- because I don't want Germany to get beaten by Spain again. Two times in highly important tournament matches is enough. ;)

That said, I also hope that England beats Italy. Germany never beat Italy at a tournament, so England would be a much better opponent.

But... of course, Germany has to win its quarterfinal against Greece first. Could be pretty tough.

I think France was so sufficient they didn't even thought Sweden would pose a threat!

And Samir Nasri just has to go! Ribéry is the only creating real danger on the left side, so all the defense is on that side! Samir Nasri can't do anything when he has a defenser in front of him! He just never make a pass forward!