Ellada v Rossija + Cesko v Polska (Group A -> Quarter Finals ?)

The last two matches of Group A are today:

Ellada v Rossija

Cesko v Polska

All four teams could still qualify - the table is before the last two matches as follows:

Rossija 5:2 / 4 points

Cesko 3:5 / 3 points

Polska 2:2 / 2 points

Ellada 2:3 / 1 point

Which teams will reach the quarter finals?

God that was such a wonderful euro and now one of the best team go stupidly!

We can have a Denmark/Czech quarter and one very very okayish team in the semi and then who knows and god save us from the greek getting their quaters to the penalties!. This euro deserve better.

That was a long time ago. Czech Republic just doesn't have the quality of depth. Russia, a middle-tier team completely outclassed them and they got lucky to run into 10 minutes of uncharacteristically poor defense from Greece. I doubt the Czechs would have been able to beat Turkey or Bosnia in a play-off.

I feel for Poland though. Wish they had managed to get through.

Can't say I am particularly happy about Germany likely (knock on wood) playing Greece in the next round. I think Russia or Czech Republic would have been more suited to bringing the best out of the German team.

Edited by Snabbare

Russia and Poland out....Well, f***. I wasn't expecting this. Surprises me more that Greece made it to the quarter finals. Feel bad for the polish, though. Hope that at least the other host, Ukraine, makes it to the next stage.