London's Olympic Mascot (s) ?

MIKYSALT

With some of the suggestions here i hope it's some experts who choose a mascot and not one of us.  Or maybe it's another competition for the public to enter; it would be funny to see some pictures of a mascot.  It might be a friendly lion.  What is the national symbol of our country i'm not really sure.  How about a red squirrel that's a native, along with a fox?  It should be something that is cute and represents Britain.

It should be something that is cute and represents Britain.

Becks and Posh?

But seriously, Seb Coe wants London 2012 to inspire children so the mascot, which is the most child friendly aspect of the Games, should reflect that.  I can see some sort of group athletic kids or something.  They run, they swim, they play on teams and they don't eat KFC and get boy boobs.

I'll start off with suggesting a lion and a unicorn to take account of the royal coat of arms and the diamond jubilee in 2012. I think a unicorn would be particulalry good as long as it doesn't resemble a "My Little Pony".  ???

coatofarms.jpg

What if Scotland has left the Union by then?

I'll start off with suggesting a lion and a unicorn to take account of the royal coat of arms and the diamond jubilee in 2012. I think a unicorn would be particulalry good as long as it doesn't resemble a "My Little Pony".  ???

coatofarms.jpg

I always said that a horse might be an olympic mascot, because they (and humans) are the only animal that takes part in the Olympic Games. And then, if you even have the unicorn as a symbol of the royal coat of arms... 'white and in a bottle... that's milk' (spanish expression, hahaha).

I'd like an white unicorn with the olympic colours in its tail and its horn.

I remember in the hours after London was announced the winner me and my brother came up with this REALLY stupid idea for a mascot...(feel free to laugh), Goober the Lion!  :laughlong:  Goober because that's what it sounds like when you say "GBR", and the lion because that's on the Team GB logo.  But like you said a lion is too predictable.

INside scoop: here are the leaders for London 2012's mascots.  

You already recognize them.

twnoonoo.jpg

Which one is Tessa Jowell and which one is Seb Coe, Tony Blair ect.....

Is there a miserable one that is slightly arrogant if so that can be Jacques Chirac.

:laughlong:  :laughlong:  :laughlong:

Yeah, they both dirt bags that suck.

Did anyone mention corgis?

Corgis are so cute-looking. I remembered her last visit to Alberta and some group brought out their corgis for the Queen to look at.

I don't know if this was mentioned here as a joke because I don't have the time to look up this whole topic. However, anyone thought of "Bob the Builder" here?  :laughlong:

I don't know if this was mentioned here as a joke because I don't have the time to look up this whole topic. However, anyone thought of "Bob the Builder" here?  :laughlong:

No, but I suggested he should be adopted as the Athens mascot a few months before the 2004 Olympics as a joke.

Archived