London's Olympic Mascot (s) ?

MIKYSALT

I'll start off with suggesting a lion and a unicorn to take account of the royal coat of arms and the diamond jubilee in 2012. I think a unicorn would be particulalry good as long as it doesn't resemble a "My Little Pony".  ???

coatofarms.jpg

An Unicorn it's not a bad idea, and i agree, if these mascot would be as a Little Pony it would be strange ???

And also, I think that a horse-kind mascot has still never been used for the Olympics

But, could you tell me what is exactly the diamond jubilee of the Queen??  I've noticed that before in other topics, but I don't know what it means   :oh:

It's some kind of aniversary of her reign??

An Unicorn it's not a bad idea, and i agree, if these mascot would be as a Little Pony it would be strange ???

And also, I think that a horse-kind mascot has still never been used for the Olympics

But, could you tell me what is exactly the diamond jubilee of the Queen??  I've noticed that before in other topics, but I don't know what it means   :oh:

It's some kind of aniversary of her reign??

The Diamond Jubilee celebrates the Queen's 60th year of her reign.

The Golden Jubilee was held in 2002 (50 years) and that was a huge celebration. I'm sure the celebration for the Diamond Jubilee will be even bigger!

I don't want a lion. To me it's too... football-y. Dunno what else to suggest though. Like someone said on another thread though - please not some abstract humanoid figure like we've had to endure for the last few olympics.  :cry:

As much as I know the bid logo is just that - a bid logo - and as much as I know a lot of people don't like it, I'd like to see London 2012 utilize that 'stripe' design. It looks good on billboards, on the side of venues etc.

What about a Beefeater and a Pearly Queen....do people in other countries know what these are?

Hum Beefeater it's a very famous Dry Gin, I think  :laugh: :laughlong:

No, seriously, I believe it's the name of the Buckingham Royal Guards or something like that  :wwww:  But what a Pearly Queen is... just escapes from my knowledge, I imagine Queen Elizabeth II wit a necklace of pearls, but I dont' find it "very Olympic"  :Oo:

What about a Beefeater and a Pearly Queen....do people in other countries know what these are?

Now you're being silly Ripley!  :D

Yeah...I would find something like that particulalry unimspiring and cheesy on second thoughts.

What about a chav....fashinoned of course in burberry...the Japs would lap it up!

Hum Beefeater it's a very famous Dry Gin, I think  :laugh: :laughlong:

No, seriously, I believe it's the name of the Buckingham Royal Guards or something like that  :wwww:  But what a Pearly Queen is... just escapes from my knowledge, I imagine Queen Elizabeth II wit a necklace of pearls, but I dont' find it "very Olympic"  :oo:

The Queen with a pearl necklace...well it would be eye catching and novel! :;):

...but its actualy an East end London traditional dress.....people wear black suits covered in pearl sequins and two lucky ones are crowed a pearly king and queen....bit like the prom king and queen...kinda? Its probably a wee bit too local to have any international appeal...although I seem to remember that a pearly queen and king make an appearence in one of the cartoon segments of Disney's Mary Poppins!

Look at these beauties...she loks like a bulldog chewing a wasp!

PearlyKingQueenBlackHeath.jpg

Pearly Kings and Queens! Goodness! That would be a mascot and a half! :wwww:

Oh, well. I'm sure the bid team will come up with something. Just as long as they don't call it "friendship" or anything corny like that (cough Vancouver).

Off topic slightly, but what exactly are we going to do for the opening ceremony? I propose a dance formation performed by Daleks.  :D

I wanna see literally dozens of mascots...and the easiest way to do that is have each one modelled on 'The Bill' characters.

bill3.jpg

I would be first in line to buy a London 2012 PLush DI Burnside Mascot  :D

By the way, why wasn't Sun Hill or the Jasmine Allen estate part of London's bid  :P

I wanna see literally dozens of mascots...and the easiest way to do that is have each one modelled on 'The Bill' characters.

bill3.jpg

By the way, why wasn't Sun Hill or the Jasmine Allen estate part of London's bid  :P

The Bill...are you high?  :;):

Next we'll have the cast of Are You Being Served immortalised in felt and stuffed. :shocked:

bill3.jpg

The Bill...are you high?  :;):

Next we'll have the cast of Are You Being Served immortalised in felt and stuffed. :shocked:

Now THERE'S an idea for the Paralympic Mascots...

Who wouldn't give their right arm to buy a Captain Peacock London Paralympics Mascot Commemoration Tea Set! Or a Mrs Peacock Paralympic Mascot Bikini  :D

inmanwr2.gif "I'm free to be punched round the ring for London's 2012 Paralympics"

The last suggestions remind me that Benny Hill could be a perfect mascot, it's a pity that he's dead,  :verysad:

He and the bald grandpa that  gave him blows in the nape would be a perfect option of olympic mascot  :cry:

scuttle.jpg

In loving memory...

Why not have the geriatric JAS come out in a wheelchair for 2012, get Jacque Rogge and all the IOC say 'Good evening Mr Samaranch', the wily old falangist looks at the thousands assembled for the London 2012 closing ceremony and he says...

"You're all doing very well"

And the IOC members and crowd could then say:

"Thank you Mr Samaranch"

:D

Why not have the geriatric JAS come out in a wheelchair for 2012, get Jacque Rogge and all the IOC say 'Good evening Mr Samaranch', the wily old falangist looks at the thousands assembled for the London 2012 closing ceremony and he says...

"You're all doing very well"

And the IOC members and crowd could then say:

"Thank you Mr Samaranch"

:D

*Rubs eyes after waking up from a particularly bad dream*

:D  :D

Sorry but for me the Royal Family is not a great inspiration.

It´s still a long time to go, but I think the new mascot will have something to do with peace, love and understanding in this world we leave in.

Regards.

Thats all very lovely and fluffy...but we're Britain...we don't do peace, love and understanding....its just way too cheesey.

If we have mascots they have to be something kids want to buy....its as simple as that.

Archived