• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the before and after is amazing, that climate really does a number on concreate. now everything looks new, my favorites are Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte. Brazilia was once a favotie but all this tim

I finally saw the Brazil vs. Chile highlight's, great stadium for a game of football and a great equalizer by Chile, what a goal!

I bet most media sites base their entire article(s) on the *forever reliable* Google image searches Researcher: Oh look! There's a picture of a beautifully finished stadium field Article Writer: B

With finishing works being conducted, construction at the Amazonia Arena continues and 93.31% of the project has been finished

16/12/2013 - 21:59
The approximately two thousand workers at the building site went through a safety procedures review process this Monday and then, continued working on the ground
Photos: Roberto Carlos/Agecom

arenaamazonia-roberto-carlos-agecom_400.This Monday (16.12), construction at the Amazonia Arena in Manaus continued with finishing work being done in the internal and external areas. Activities were not paralysed. Only services being performed at a height, such as work on the stadium’s roof, using scaffoldings and cranes have been stopped following a decision by the Labour Court of the Amazonas State. This decision came as a result of a request made by the Federal Labour Prosecution Services (MPT), after a builder died last Saturday (14.12). Last week, 93.31% of construction works of the Amazonia Arena had been finished.

In a press release, construction company Andrade Gutierrez stated that it fully complies with work safety requirements and that it is providing all the necessary assistance to the family of builder Marcleudo de Melo Ferreira, who passed away after falling from the roof in the early hours of Saturday.

To the Amazonas State Government, Andrade Gutierres, the construction company in charge, reaffirmed its commitment to ensuring that working hours are complied with, as according to agreements with MPT and the Amazonas State Heavy Construction Trade Union.

The coordinator of the World Cup Project Management Unit (UGP COPA) Miguel Capobiango Neto, said that they will only be able to gauge the impact of stopping work at a height on the building timetable, after activities are back to normal in all fronts. “Workers did not stop today at the Arena. At the begging of the day, they all went to lectures to review safety procedures and then, went on to work on the ground, which has been authorised by the court", stated the coordinator. Currently, a little over two thousand builders are working at the ground’s building site.

This Monday afternoon, builders continued to perform paving and landscaping services on the stadium’s external area, as well as jobs related to the assembly of the seats, in addition to finishing and cleaning work on the stands.

Furthermore, services around the pitch continue to be performed, such as the laying down of the artificial lawn where the benches and warm-up areas will be placed. Moreover, the isolation glass between the lower stands and level 0 boxes are being put up. Cleaning services continue to be performed throughout the stadium.

arenaamazonia-roberto-carlos-agecom_820.

Source:

Brazil World Cup Portal - http://www.copa2014.gov.br/en/noticia/finishing-works-being-conducted-construction-amazonia-arena-continues-and-9331-project-has

Two people have died there. No offence Danny, but something must be very wrong :(

There must be a reasonable explanation for the Court to stop Construction in a desperate short amount of time to get things ready. I really don't like seeing Construction stopped, but this is an exception as a worker has passed away.

They should have stopped the works BEFORE 2 workers died, that's my sole point.

It's, at least, hypocrite, to stop everything and start to "check if the conditions are Ok" after the accidents.

Just clarifying, the works haven't stopped and continued normally today. Only the works on the roof is stopped.

foto-roberto_carlos-agecom_3.jpg

foto-roberto_carlos-agecom_5.jpg

Source: http://globoesporte.globo.com/am/noticia/2013/12/segundo-am-trabalhos-na-arena-da-amazonia-seguem-normalmente.html

Why should BBC give the complete information?

They should have stopped the works BEFORE 2 workers died, that's my sole point.

It's, at least, hypocrite, to stop everything and start to "check if the conditions are Ok" after the accidents.

Why should BBC give the complete information?

Because BBC is a World News Company and I should know as they are my local, same with ITV and Sky News.

Sad events in Manaus and Sao Paulo... RIP for the workers :(

In other news, Manaus Stadium is looking stunning! Giving me a vibe of Soccer City, a way smaller and nicer version.

I can't imagine what those Families are going through.

Because BBC is a World News Company and I should know as they are my local, same with ITV and Sky News.

British press is totally lost on their coverage in Brazil... BBC seems to be covering another event in other country, because, it's hard to find accuracy on their articles...

Not to mention "a brillant" report from other British media conglomerate on deadly epidemic diseases or other menaces like Spiders and Snakes to eat British supporters in the streets of Manaus (a metropolis with 1.5 million people - and growing - and top 10 richest in Brazil).

Maybe the loss to Qatar in World Cup bid made British press to be really biased...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

British press is totally lost on their coverage in Brazil... BBC seems to be covering another event in other country, because, it's hard to find accuracy on their articles...

Not to mention "a brillant" report from other British media conglomerate on deadly epidemic diseases or other menaces like Spiders and Snakes to eat British supporters in the streets of Manaus (a metropolis with 1.5 million people - and growing - and top 10 richest in Brazil).

Maybe the loss to Qatar in World Cup bid made British press to be really biased...

My Press are good. Any press can be given a false story. That's the media for you.

And what you meant with: Any press can be given a false story

What I meant was, don't believe everything the press says. Remember, for every story they can get hold of they get money for so SOMETIMES (not all the time) they exaggerate from the truth and that is all press.

Arena Corinthians Progress December 2013 - http://www.odebrechtarenas.com.br/estadio/arena-corinthians#section-fontfontphotos-and-videosfontfont - Also Cranes are allowed to work again, so roof will carry on to progress.

Just go onto Photos and videos.

I am a little lost, how is the situation with Sao Paulo stadium going on? Construction will be delayed?

The new opening date for Arena Corinthians is April 15th.

I've just apllied for Germany-Portugal and France-Switzerland matches in Salvador! So excited... Even if I don't get them I'll travel to Salvador on those dates :D (a little expensive though...)

I envy you! How could you get the tickets? Those matches are very good ones and sounds hard to buy them.

National Stadium, Brasilia. Sorry if someone has already put this up:

SECOPA, the local government agency that runs the Mane Garrincha National Stadium in Brasilia, will ask the company that rebuilt it to explain why parts of the roof let in rain during the women’s match between Brazil and Chile.

Local media reported that almost the entire lower ring of the stands was soaked. SECOPA however played down the problem, saying the leaks were not serious and would not affect any of the matches being played there during next year’s World Cup.

“Because it is a new, grandiose and complex stadium, some small points are still being corrected and tested but there is nothing that compromises the running of the stadium or the holding of events there,” SECOPA said in a statement.

The stadium comes with a five-year guarantee and any repair work will be paid for by the builders, SECOPA added.

The national stadium in the capital Brasilia cost more than 1.2 billion Real (508.99 million dollars). It will stage six World Cup matches including a quarter-final and the third-place playoff.

The venue was inaugurated in May and it hosted the opening match of the Confederations Cup between Brazil and Japan in June. It has held 17 major events since then, including several first division football matches, stadium officials said.

At least three of the six World Cup stadiums still to be finished before the tournament kicks off in June will be handed over behind schedule. A total of five people have died while working on the 12 venues, including one man in Brasilia.

In related news a Sao Paulo state Labor Ministry official said the man who operated the crane that collapsed at the city's World Cup stadium had worked 18 days in a row. Two construction workers were killed in the Nov. 27 accident, which remains under investigation.

An Internet portal quotes the ministry's regional superintendent Luis Antonio Medeiros as saying time cards showed the crane operator at the Arena Corinthians stadium “was 18 days without any break.”

Medeiros said there wasn't necessarily a cause and effect relationship between the accident and the operator's string of workdays. But, he added, “We think that's exhausting for someone who works such a delicate machine.”

Source: http://en.mercopress.com/2013/12/27/world-cup-2014-brazil-most-expensive-stadium-has-a-leaking-roof