Stadium progress

Maracana is more about the "symbology" inside the Brazilian football-like souls than actually an archtectural mark.

Also must be said, some of the main events ever held in Brazil and some special records about attendance were done in Maracana stadium, including the biggest rock concert ever in a Stadium with 330,000 or biggest attendance for a Volleyball match: 145,000 for Brazil v USSR in the 80s too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect, "entrance" and "exit" are not difficult words to research and spell correctly. Any free online translator would get it right. If you're organizing major international sporting events, you should be able to get it right the first time. Test events are for working out logistics such as crowd control, parking, mass transportation, concessions, operations, etc. They are not for basics like labeling entrances and exits.

It's an embarrassing mistake and one hopes it is simply an isolated error.

Athens, I work with design and sometimes we got to delete some word to change it and simply delete one letter. The problem is: nobody checked the sign before print, which is not good.

My point is: No wrong English sign were used during an event in Salvador's Stadium. People saw that before the event, and in the next day, the sign was fixed.

And it was fixed BEFORE A TEST EVENT.

I think test events are there exactly to fix ****... Now, 100% of the signs in Salvador's stadium are okay about English language. So no "chaotic World Cup" can be claimed, specially more than 1 year before even the first kick-off.

With all due respect, "entrance" and "exit" are not difficult words to research and spell correctly.

Neither is Rio de Janeiro, which comes in all sorts of spellings from international media: Rio de Janerio, Rio Dejaneiro, Riodejaneiro... :)

It happens to everybody everywhere.

Athens, I work with design and sometimes we got to delete some word to change it and simply delete one letter. The problem is: nobody checked the sign before print, which is not good.

My point is: No wrong English sign were used during an event in Salvador's Stadium. People saw that before the event, and in the next day, the sign was fixed.

And it was fixed BEFORE A TEST EVENT.

I think test events are there exactly to fix ****... Now, 100% of the signs in Salvador's stadium are okay about English language. So no "chaotic World Cup" can be claimed, specially more than 1 year before even the first kick-off.

Danny, I absolutely agree that predicting a "chaotic World Cup" based on the signs is a ridiculous exaggeration. I'm glad to hear the signs have been fixed.

Neither is Rio de Janeiro, which comes in all sorts of spellings from international media: Rio de Janerio, Rio Dejaneiro, Riodejaneiro... :)

It happens to everybody everywhere.

Even more funny is what International Media (specially the English Speaking) makes with Sao Paulo spelling... It's hard to find correct examples...

In fact, there is this one, from NBC

sp-na-amazonia.jpg

Well, they placed SÃO PAULO just 5,000 Km far from where it really is:

64406-004-704A4A71.gif

I'd say the coverage of the sports events in Brazil from NBC will be chaotic... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but the "de Janeiro" has mostly been dropped too. Like the movie was just "Rio" and it will be "Rio 2016."

Good to see you spelled it correctly! :)

Danny, I absolutely agree that predicting a "chaotic World Cup" based on the signs is a ridiculous exaggeration. I'm glad to hear the signs have been fixed.

One sign, not "signs". And it was fixed even before the first test event.

Media in Brazil published the picture in the newspapers and asked the Stadium owner to fix it. One day later, it was already fixed.

Changing subjects

A video from Arena Pernambuco, nice stadium Recife will have!

From Band TV Recife

And a nice report from Maracana Stadium

http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/globo-esporte-rj/v/maracana-recebe-retoques-finais-antes-da-conclusao-das-obras/2510935/

For those who like football, in this report there also nice goals made in the stadium =P

They put Sao Paulo in the middle of the amazon forest! Stupid mistake. Maybe an indigenous tribe near Peru was renamed in tribute to the forest of buildings :P

One of the stadiums which the english newspaper claimed that will not meet the FIFA deadline (April 30), almost ready for its opening next week.

265571-970x600-1.jpeg

One of the stadiums which the english newspaper claimed that will not meet the FIFA deadline (April 30), almost ready for its opening next week.

265571-970x600-1.jpeg

Perfect choice of colors. Represents well our players.

0,,36810764-EXH,00.jpg

So those without a ticket could actually watch the game from the outside? Of they transmit it of course . Good idea to draw more people and super modern at same time.

Macarana almost done, and the first light, video and audio teste made today LIVE ON NATIONAL TV!

http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/jornal-nacional/t/edicoes/v/maracana-faz-teste-geral-para-a-reinauguracao/2529112/

Who said Maracana would not be ready for Confederations Cup???

Suck it, BBC!

A frame from the event and the final works being done in the stadium

iluminacao_maracana_rep.jpg_30.jpg

162c3214a93511e28fba22000a1fb1a7_7.jpg

So those without a ticket could actually watch the game from the outside? Of they transmit it of course . Good idea to draw more people and super modern at same time.

Good idea, you could transmit the games outside. Imagine that atmosphere! Qatar has the same idea too

Our capital, and the host city of the opening match of Confederations Cup, Brasília, celebrated its 53th birthday last monday, here some pics of our beautiful capital.
brasc3adlia-vista-do-cc3a9u-c2a9-bento-v

b126703.jpg

I want peace with my colleagues from BBC, so I decided to send them some postcards...

Salvador
88191417974748884221781.jpg

Belo Horizonte

8451440830fc55f2c6cfb.jpg

Fortaleza

placarabrilcastelaoshot.jpg

Rio de Janeiro

2004_Maraca_0427.jpg

Recife

603803_498907890175074_858142363_n.jpg

Brasília

07.jpg

Postcards are always nice... Everybody love them!

Mineirao and Maracana for me falls into the same category, very different from other stadiums and restored to keep the originality when it was once built, Mineirao did it well, im afraid i cant say the same for Rio's soccer home, the roof and color is not working for me, i would have rather seen a drastic change other than smthg messy, when i look at the pictures it just seems so busy . aghhhh i just cant like it. x_x

Archived