Stadium progress

PFC is the same broadcasting of Sportv... But I had it in HD

TV Globo internacional was broadcasting the Local Affiliate "TV Bahia" signal... Local affiliates are local affiliates...

PS: of course, the Bahia State Championship standard of broadcasting is not the same of UEFA Champions League...

But Sportv made it "Brazilian-national-network standard" and it was very nice,

Oh, people is complaining of TV Bahia broadcasting on Skyscrapercity... I can see your point.

532028_181800228636943_1774967241_n.jpg

MEANWHILE IN RIO DE JANEIRO'S MARACANÃ!

BHQWhqtCYAA61_U.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote "breack" instead of "break". Will the topic become a chaos? :ph34r:

I really have no idea.. tell us please..

It's the roof of Estadio Nacional in Brasilia B)

483809_603273026359108_1968468066_n.jpg

2defe2889d8711e2895222000aaa0568_7.jpg

Test events exist for TESTING things and FIX mistakes and erros, right?

The sign was REPLACED in 1 single day, is this a matter for calling "chaotic" the entire event of the World Cup in Brazil? I guess no.

More: India was colony of Great Britain, they are more used to English than Brazilians... There is a great effort around Brazil to make people know basic English to welcome tourists. But don't expect entire Brazil speaking fluently English.

Major Brazilians cities are placed thousands of kilometers (sometimes up to 4,000 Km!) of the nearest foreign country border..

The nearest foreign city from Salvador is placed in Africa... Imagine that.

We are really not used to other languages than Portuguese... Big number of foreigners here are a recent thing in Brazil.

Rio, I guess: April 27th

Don't blame English people or anybody else for not having signs in Portuguese language...

Portuguese is a kind of secret code for most of the mankind, despite the fact it's the most spoken language of the (sub)continent of South America...

Fair enough and it was corrected good for them. The reason why the British media said chaotic is because imagine this happened during the WC.

It takes one person that speaks fluent English to have the signs up and running properly.

And that gap in the Salvador stadium is irritating.

Fair enough and it was corrected good for them. The reason why the British media said chaotic is because imagine this happened during the WC.

Not fair to claim chaotic an event more than 1 year before the event... And because of a stupid typo/mistake in one sign only in one of the 12 stadiums of the World Cup.

So, should I claim London 2012 chaotic because 1 person died runned by a bus inside London Olympic Stadium?????????? It's pretty worst, don't you think?

It takes one person that speaks fluent English to have the signs up and running properly.

No matter the mistake, the erros was FIXED MORE THAN 1 YEAR BEFORE first gringo World Cup supporter even arrived in Salvador's Airport...

There is no chaos event yet.

And that gap in the Salvador stadium is irritating.

Which gap?

Not fair to claim chaotic an event more than 1 year before the event... And because of a stupid typo/mistake in one sign only in one of the 12 stadiums of the World Cup.

So, should I claim London 2012 chaotic because 1 person died runned by a bus inside London Olympic Stadium?????????? It's pretty worst, don't you think?

Which gap?

That is up to the international media to decide not me.

The end where temporary seats are supposed to be.

International media is not fair... They make a small typo in a sign into a "chaotic" stadium...

About the gap, I'd rather all the stadium closed, but this very one stadium have a special lake and all the things get nice together...

What about Recife's exterior? Haven't heared about that in a while....

Salvador stadium looks awesome, don't know why but remembers me of how Germany 2006 stadiums looked during transmition. For me, it's the best of the 3 that have been inaugurated...

I've heard some comments that Maracana will be closed after the World Cup, and will have some parts(?) demolished and reconstructed for the Olympics? how big is this gonna be? Anyone knows this for sure?

Maracana will be closed in late 2015 b'cause of the works for the Olympic Ceremonies. There won't be strutctural works in the stadium.

The Government of Rio state and Rio 2016 released a big report today assuring there won't be big works to be done after the World Cup.

BTW, the roof was totally covered today:

N8Uyn5c.jpg

The report is in Portuguese, maybe Google Translator can help you:

Estádio não vai sofrer novas obras após 2014

Em nota divulgada nesta segunda, o Governo do Estado garantiu que o Maracanã não será fechado para novas obras após a Copa do Mundo de 2014. A exceção será no Complexo (fora do estádio) e que constam como encargos do futuro concessionário, já discriminadas no Edital de Licitação.
"Vale ressaltar que o Governo do Estado mantém contato constante com o Comitê Rio 2016 e que há entendimento entre tais autoridades para a preparação adequada para a realização dos Jogos Olímpicos. É preciso deixar claro que as exigências e padrões internacionais são observados nas intervenções. Há, porém, solicitações que, naturalmente, sempre são negociadas entre as partes de forma harmônica", diz a nota.
Confira na íntegra:
"Diferentemente do que foi publicado por alguns veículos de comunicação, o Governo do Estado do Rio de Janeiro esclarece que o estádio do Maracanã não será fechado para novas obras após a conclusão das que ocorrem atualmente e que deixarão o estádio pronto para receber a Copa do Mundo, em 2014, e os Jogos Olímpicos, em 2016.
Vale ressaltar que o Governo do Estado mantém contato constante com o Comitê Rio 2016 e que há entendimento entre tais autoridades para a preparação adequada para a realização dos Jogos Olímpicos. É preciso deixar claro que as exigências e padrões internacionais são observados nas intervenções. Há, porém, solicitações que, naturalmente, sempre são negociadas entre as partes de forma harmônica.
Não haverá, portanto, qualquer obra de modificação do estádio do Maracanã após a que está sendo agora finalizada - salvo as do Complexo (fora do estádio propriamente dito) e que constam como encargos do futuro concessionário, já discriminadas no Edital de Licitação."

http://extra.globo.com/esporte/copa-2014/cobertura-do-maracana-sera-finalizada-nesta-terca-feira-8058796.html

It would be a shame if they had to reconstruct the Maracana again after the world cup, so great to hear that thats not the plan. Only thing they need is a track and a place for the olympic campfire. And as we've seen in London, the olympic fire doesn't need a special structure for itself like in the olympic games before London, or like here in the olympic stadium Amsterdam.

i would agree that alot of works could be done on the outside, like we've seen on the olympic bid renders. i know the stadium is not done, but the surroundings looks pretty tight and uncolorful, dont like it. fact is, its an old stadium there isnt anything much to be done with it in terms of structure ill just have to accept it.

At least two of Brazil’s six stadiums for the 2013 Confederations Cup will miss FIFA’s April 15 delivery date, Reuters reports.

Only Belo Horizonte and Fortaleza finished by the original December deadline set by world football’s governing body for cities hosting matches in the World Cup dress rehearsal kicking off June 15.

President Dilma Rousseff inaugurated Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador last Friday, and Recife will open Arena Pernambuco on Sunday, barely beating FIFA’s new cutoff of April 15.

That leaves Brasilia, where 5,000 builders are working around the clock to finish the $500 million Mane Garrincha National Stadium, according to Reuters, and Rio de Janeiro, where the Maracana is in the final stages of a $400 million renovation for the Confederations Cup, World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics.

According to Rio state officials, April 27 is now the earliest the Maracana could be handed over to FIFA.

“Not all operational arrangements will be 100 percent,” FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke wrote last week on FIFA.com, insisting there’s no room for such delays with the 2014 showpiece.

"The deadline for the FIFA World Cup stadiums delivery stands firm as December 2013. There will be no compromise," he said.

FIFA allowed all stadiums to be concluded til June 1st, what this report is talking about?

Some video footage of Maracana as showns in the Local News of TV Globo

http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/rjtv-1a-edicao/v/cobertura-do-maracana-esta-quase-pronta/2508649/

i would agree that alot of works could be done on the outside, like we've seen on the olympic bid renders. i know the stadium is not done, but the surroundings looks pretty tight and uncolorful, dont like it. fact is, its an old stadium there isnt anything much to be done with it in terms of structure ill just have to accept it.

The render from Olympic bid is gone. There won't be the huge train station in the side of the Maracana, it will be a suspended square. This project will be done only for Olympics.

For the World Cup, all things around Maracana will be demolished and the stadium will be located in a huge square full of trees.

This is the project under works for Confederations Cup

2608552-7950-rec.jpg

It would be a shame if they had to reconstruct the Maracana again after the world cup, so great to hear that thats not the plan. Only thing they need is a track and a place for the olympic campfire. And as we've seen in London, the olympic fire doesn't need a special structure for itself like in the olympic games before London, or like here in the olympic stadium Amsterdam.

It will be more than track... Maracana will have bigger tunnels for entrance of elements of the ceremonies.

It seems some improvement will be done in the roof "for elements to be placed there" (cauldron, anyone?)

Actually, only larger acess tunnels for the field.

The World Cup project will have 3m x 5m tunnels, Rio 2016 OC is asking 6m x 6m, for example.

Brazilian NOC also asked to make a more stronger roof to place elements on it during the ceremonies up to 120 ton. The roof can support 90 ton with the actual configuration.

The new parking building annex to the stadium is a reason for controversy too.

It's all about details. But press, as always, make huge thunderstom in a glass of water with this kind of "news".

Maracanã at night

ESP296462.JPG

ESP296464.JPG

Brasilia, a.k.a. the temple!!!

d.jpg

18328442_EFOojfm4LzwRbL6NVpm_NbwLYQuDRe-

Recife

47e928b4a21611e2b52d22000a9f189b_7.jpg

3e27f897-8ed9-4c99-9564-94b671785bfe_0.J

foto_arena.jpg

Shall we play some ball already?

Maracana today:

WOW!!!

ESP297057.JPG

ESP297058.JPG

8624736241_26a72ca705_b.jpg

ESP297049.JPG

ESP297050.JPG

I cannot deny how jealous I feel with Brazil :lol: Arena Pernambuco exterior looks like Allianz Arena. Brasilia like Warsaw! Good venues guys!

Wait and see what this will mean for the 2015 Libertadores Cup!!! ;)

Archived