Stadium progress

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is from a brazillian newspaper, quite funny

10449933_10201997223276129_5563755687288

Is this a request to us to post dozens of pictures of our modern airports ready to the World Cup again?

there's no need for that, that cartoon was a caricature of the tardiness of some works related to the world cup, I know brazil has plenty of modern airports, even yesterday Portugal landed on Viracopos, the Campinas' airport, supposedly one of the best in brazil.

You got me. Viracopos new amazing modern Terminal won't be fully used in the World Cup due tardiness...

Ok, 1-1 tie now. LOL

Viracopos' general manager is portuguese, so that may explain in part the tardiness of the works, we aren's know to keep public works on budget and on time, lol.

Portuguese heritage.

That airport reminds me of Aeroporto Sá Carneiro, the closest airport here, and one of the best medium sized airport in Europe

aeroporto-porto-2.jpg

aeroporto_francisco-s%C3%A1-carneiro.jpg

I sh*t you not...You can get this terminal as a model setup in 1:400 scale. I collect airliners in this size.

Whatever the critics say, those stadiums are impressive, and it simply doesn't matter anymore...There's no turning back now! WC14 underway at long last!:D

i wish these stadium (all) had more decoration on the outside and around.......just like London Olympic park it seems neglected or cut out of the budget. I know it's not important compared to the game inside but it make for a BIGGER feeling and gets exciting to see more banners and stuff all over.

I just don't see a consistently strong plan of execution of the brand. Maybe too expensie to take it to another level, I know london had to be budget aware. The decor cost has to be tiny compared to anu other infrastructure or construction.....too bad it's always neglected lately.

The local street decor has been cute however.

at least the fans are setting the stage...

_75416792_75416791.jpg

i wish these stadium (all) had more decoration on the outside and around.......just like London Olympic park it seems neglected or cut out of the budget. I know it's not important compared to the game inside but it make for a BIGGER feeling and gets exciting to see more banners and stuff all over.

I just don't see a consistently strong plan of execution of the brand. Maybe too expensie to take it to another level, I know london had to be budget aware. The decor cost has to be tiny compared to anu other infrastructure or construction.....too bad it's always neglected lately.

The local street decor has been cute however.

at least the fans are setting the stage...

_75416792_75416791.jpg

Paul, there are a lot of flags, banners and even graffiti around the stadiums.

The angles of picture we are posting are showing the stadium.

Later I post some pictures of the area around the stadium.

Archived