Stadium progress

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First comment on the news: "Manaus is 100% Italy"...

"Endless problems at Brazil's World Cup stadiums have become a familiar storyline with one day to go before the tournament kicks off"

I stopped here.

Bad, bad media. No doughnut for you.

First comment on the news: "Manaus is 100% Italy"...

"Endless problems at Brazil's World Cup stadiums have become a familiar storyline with one day to go before the tournament kicks off"

I stopped here.

That's my last word I am now ready to enjoy this great Tournament in a great country

Picture from Brazilian press...

img_0097_1.jpg

fotos_aereas_manaus_wallace_brayan_380_d

gramado_arenaamazonia-div-1.jpg

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2014/06/empresa-defende-arena-amazonia-e-garante-tapete-em-jogo-de-sabado.html

Sorry, Brazilian press is far more reliable.

Saturday we check who is right.

And this is the "city that couldn't host the matches of a World Cup"

fotos_aereas_manaus_wallace_brayan_797_d

fotos_aereas_manaus_wallace_brayan_818_d

fotos_aereas_manaus_wallace_brayan_791_d

Yes, looks dangerous.

CNN just showing footage from 3 months ago to say "This is Arena Corinthians, that will host World Cup opening tomorrow". What a shame...

......oh sambadrome.....of course!

They use for Samba School Parades and Folkloric festival of local cultures like Boi Bumbá.

The Sao Paulo sambadrome have been used also for Formula Indy races. They use the sambadrome as finish line and a street circuit nearby.

Indy.jpg

it's nice having a HUGE country isn't it with so many interesting and different parts, a great part of living in the US and Brazil too.

That's why I think to have Manaus hosting matches is cool. It's Amazon, a big metro area in the middle of the biggest forest in the planet. It's special somehow.

I bet most media sites base their entire article(s) on the *forever reliable* Google image searches -_-

Researcher: Oh look! There's a picture of a beautifully finished stadium field

Article Writer: But the amount of images that have a hideous, unfinished field outweighs the photos of a good field...

Researcher: I dunno, the images are pretty old, and there are more images of unfinished fields because media seems to have this bandwagon about bullying major sports events.

Article Writer: Shhhhh... It's all about the views

It's like have matches of a World Cup in USA being hosted in Alaska maybe, or in Las Vegas (due weather). Those are different and cool places.

I bet most media sites base their entire article(s) on the *forever reliable* Google image searches -_-

Researcher: Oh look! There's a picture of a beautifully finished stadium field

Article Writer: But the amount of images that have a hideous, unfinished field outweighs the photos of a good field...

Researcher: I dunno, the images are pretty old, and there are more images of unfinished fields because media seems to have this bandwagon about bullying major sports events.

Article Writer: Shhhhh... It's all about the views

Believe me, here where I work it's pretty much like this for several things.

Journalism and sausage. Don't ask how it's made.

OMG!!! OMG!!!

Two positive stories in CNN about Brazil World Cup!!!

OMG!!!

They are talking about "Big Head", the turtle who preditcts results!!! hahaha

OMG!!! OMG!!!

Two positive stories in CNN about Brazil World Cup!!!

OMG!!!

They are talking about "Big Head", the turtle who preditcts results!!! hahaha

Man your are obsessed with the media The best thing to do is ignore it Who Cares anyway Put the media to rest tomorrow

Man your are obsessed with the media The best thing to do is ignore it Who Cares anyway Put the media to rest tomorrow

I work on the media, buddy. I have 8 TV screens around of me right now, one in CNN International. So..........................

Yes it's absolutely cool, can't imagine.....no natural environment is more interesting than the AMAZON so having a big city there in the middle must be very fantastic. I have read criticisms about the future of the venue as I think it doesn’t have a future big time team tenant, maybe that is wrong but it is quit extravagant, which for the moment is amazing.....hopefully it will get great use and surprise down the road.

At 2 in the morning?

Yes, I work preparing the local and national newscasts at the morning and the agribusiness daily news that is aired at 5:45

I have read criticisms about the future of the venue as I think it doesn’t have a future big time team tenant, maybe that is wrong but it is quit extravagant, which for the moment is amazing.....hopefully it will get great use and surprise down the road.

This is something I have nothing to say. The risk of a white elephant is real.

I hope Manaus could boost the stadium usage, since it's located nearby the sambadrome and the Convention Center.

That's awesome man your so lucky

I don't know if I lucky, but so far, I have not to complain about my life. ;)

Back to the thread topic...

Maracana yesterday!

RIO324602.JPG

And the FIFA Fan Fest in Rio

RIO324833.JPG

If the grass in Manaus is so-so...

In Brasilia, it's a green carpet!!!!!!!

10387923_311596029003978_1219921027_n.jp

Brasilia is in the mood too!

10410431_646178675460487_845225185185282

1907340_643644022380619_8042142736859680

10351839_646178535460501_435824273768588