Stadium progress

ESPN said Football comes home. International media wins over Brazilian citizens arguments. Do you remember? You said that trillions of times.

Wembley and England is Home of Football. End of. I posted many sources before.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curitiba Arena da Baixada, finally, done!

115-1024x682.jpg

23a-1024x465.jpg

34-1024x682.jpg

External works in sidewallks and access still under going by Curitiba City Hall

Cuiabá's Arena Pantanal done

big_74301_140515-107D.jpg

big_74301_140515-103D.jpg

big_74301_140515-092.jpg

big_74301_140514-002.jpg

Wembley and England is Home of Football. End of. I posted many sources before.

With a comment like that...you wonder why you are now a restricted poster Tony?

Curitiba Arena da Baixada, finally, done!

Cuiabá's Arena Pantanal done

Arena Corinthians, NOT done

Thank you São Paulo for give fuel to Tony

Hopefully someone can explain this.

Why do the stadiums have to be handed over to FIFA? Isn't the World Cup like the Olympics, where the local organizing committee runs the venues while the IF runs the competition.

Sadly FIFA is true and unique boss. Their members command every aspect of the organization. For each functional area of the organizing committee there's someone from FIFA as the immediate counterpart, checking every aspect and actions of the OC during the game. The OC really works as a functional staff. But just like the olympics, there's a competition area in the OC.... they do everything regarding it, but let's say the final words are given by FIFA.

Arena Corinthians, NOT done

Thank you São Paulo for give fuel to Tony

No fuel. I want Brazil to be finished on time. I'm glad Curitiba is speeding up. Can't wait for Thursday 12th June 2014!

Don't forget that some stadiums surroundings in South Africa were under construction during the World Cup. Brazil delivered six stadiums in 2013 for the Confederations Cup. South Africa had a venue cut of Confederations Cup for not been ready on time (Port Elizabeth). My only disappointment is Sao Paulo, but we can't say that everything was bad because of one city that had delayed the delivery. It is unfair to the other cities that did everything right.

I'm not going to criticize the Corinthians (owner of the Arena de Sao Paulo) for all the problems that the city had. The Morumbi's project was rejected by FIFA. Sao Paulo had no other project and they would be out of the world cup. They waited until Corinthians make feasible their project. The result was that the city was the last to start construction of its stadium, a year later. And so had that horrible accident, the falling of part of the roof.

The main thing is, is that 11 Stadiums will be fully ready and Arena Sao Paulo has a pitch and seats. Sao Paulo could of been in a better situation, but that's life. I'm sure Brazil will Host a brilliant World Cup. It came across wrong from me, but I've always wanted 2014 World Cup to be a success. So, progress:

Fortaleza: Castelao Stadium - Ready. Completed in December 2012, finished before deadlines, on time.

Belo Horizonte: Mineirao Stadium - Ready. Completed in December 2012, finished before deadlines, on time.

Salvador: Arena Fonte Nova - Ready. Completed in April 2013, missed deadline, but was ready for the 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup.

Rio de Janeiro: Maracana Stadium - Ready. Completed in April 2013, missed deadline, but was ready for the 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup.

Recife: Arena Pernambuco - Ready. Completed in May 2013, missed deadline, but was ready for the 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup.

Brasilia: National Stadium - Ready. Completed in June 2013, missed deadline, but was ready for the 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup.

Natal: Arena das Dunas - Ready. Completed in January 2014, missed deadline, but is ready for the 2014 Fifa World Cup. Temporary Seating installed later on.

Porto Alegre: Stadium Beira-Rio - Ready. Completed in February 2014, missed deadline, but is ready for the 2014 Fifa World Cup. Outside was finished later on.

Manaus: Arena Amazonia - Ready. Completed in March 2014, missed deadline, but is ready for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.

Cuiaba: Arena Pantanal - Ready. Completed in April 2014, missed deadline, but is ready for the 2014 Fifa World Cup. Wasn't fully done until May 2014.

Curitiba: Arena Baixada - Ready, Completed in May 2014, missed deadline, but is only just ready for the 2014 Fifa World Cup. Retractable Roof finished after the 2014 Fifa World Cup.

Sao Paulo: Arena Sao Paulo - Not Ready. Fully Completed after the 2014 Fifa World Cup. Main Structure in place, Temporary Seats will be ready, Lining done afterwards.

Main thing is, 11 out of the 12 Stadiums are ready, they all have Seats in place, most Roof structures ready, Pitch and Changing Rooms are ready. I only put 2 Stadiums were finished before deadlines, because Fifa like to see Stadiums ready 6 Months before the Tournament (So the 2013 Confederations Cup for the Fortaleza, Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro, Recife and Brasilia) and the 2014 Fifa World cup (For Natal, Porto Alegre, Manaus, Cuiaba, Curitiba and the unfinished Sao Paulo). Can't wait for 12th June.

São Paulo looks nearly done. Visibly it should look done that'll probly be achieved the next few weeks. They all look pretty good to me now. Transportation would be my only concern, I really wish all the proposed vlt and monorails were built but they weren't. Brazilians like taking the Bus

Archived